Separate Low & High cut filters for Main & Monitor Outs

• The Main & Monitor Outs do have separate Bass, Mid, Treble & Presence EQs - which is appreciated - but I wish it was the same for the Low & High Pass Filters too. Currently, these are global and often I wish to use different LP & HP settings for my on-stage vs in-house sound. And while I can, and do, use the separate Bass, Mid, Treble & Presence EQs, I find that the LP & HP Filters are useful in other situations (controlling rumble and/or high-end harshness on some stages) and I sometimes want to filter the on-stage sound more drastically than the in-house sound.

• This request has come up on several occasions and ckemper has repeatedly said he doesn’t see a need for it; in fact he thinks it is the wrong tool for the job.

I tend to agree but see both sides. I think it is the wrong tool for the job but removing the current TMBP tone stack and making the Monitor Output EQ a full Studio EQ or Graphic EQ would be a significant improvement. This would allow users to target specific problem frequencies in difficult stages rather than apply a generic EQ to try and solve a very specific problem.

• +1

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wheresthedug, Thanks for your response. It's appreciated.

And you're right that a more surgical EQ would be the best option, but we don't have that. So in lieu of that, I just want the current Low & High Cut not to be global to both Main & Monitor Outs. A surgical EQ is great for fixing specific frequency issues, but more often I find that there's a pretty big discrepancy between the Main Out tone through a PA speaker and the Monitor Out thru a supposedly FRFR speaker, even like the KemperKab.

And worse, I find that when I turn the MonitorCab OFF to go thru either a regular guitar cab or the KemperKab's imprints, there's big inconsistency between profiles in how the CabDriver "subtracts" the cab portion of a studio profile. So, for example, in these cases, I want to be able to roll off more high end in the MonitorOuts, than I want to in the Mains. And the Presence and Treble controls are way too broad for that.

• souhlasím

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This would be VERY useful to me as well, +1

I can make the analog out sound perfect for me, and I use a real cab... But the setting to be ideal is different and I have

never found a work around other than turning that setting

Though if CK wants to go with Dug's idea that would be cool too

Spotify, iTunes, Bandcamp, etc... Lugosi Smile

• It would be really useful on monitor out. I bought the Kemper for Direct and it sounds harsh and awful, so gave up on it. High/bass cut on monitor out would be really useful as you have so little in the signal chain to play with with regards to blocks, so EQ is another precious block to take up.

• I feel like it makes sense to have hi/lo shelving on the output section for live monitor use since its not being mic'd, but when running into a deck it makes more sense to me to use the board/daw for that instead so for me the current way is backwards. I should add that i pretty much never use the 4 band eq on either output though, I would just prefer that the h/l shelving be on the monitor/stage output only.

Edited 3 times, last by dfdfan ().