IEM guide?

• Hi guys,

Would anyone be able to help me to understand the process of connection the kemper with IEM? I have a small desk and I've got some blue tooth earphones which are connected to the desk via a bluetooth transmitter. My question is, what do I need to do with the output to make it sound pleasing to the ear? and how should I be rooting the kemper to the desk? Sorry if these are stupid questions I am new and I don't get to use the desk often.

Thanks

• Hmm my information might be outdated but I don't think Bluetooth inears have low enough latency to be usable in the first place?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Skip the bluetooth and get wired! And get yourself an 8 foot headphone extension cable for the phones or in-ears so you don't stand up and they get ripped off your ears. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• hi,

despite that, I would like to ask why you want to usw IEM. If it was for home use only, I would allways use normal headphones. You get way more comfortable and good sounding ones for less money - compared to IEMs.

If you plan to use it live, which is allways a good idea, IEMs are the way to go. Unfortunately, you will have to spend money on this, since the soundquality in your ears mainly depends in the phones - and these can get quite expensive. I myself have used thomann earplugs for about 100€, which were ok-ish, at that time. I ended up with custom IEMs Form vision ears for 1.5k... But they are worth it! You can get wired headphone amp beltpacks from Fisher Amps, I use these too. Or go the wireless Route - again more expenses...

Bluetooth wont work, as already mentioned.

You asked for connections on your desk - I would simply plug the Kempers Output into one, or two channels, if you go stereo. Be careful not to overdrive the input. Then use the built-in headphone amp of the desk and listen to your guitar. From there on, you can develop your live monitoring system, if you planned to do so.

• Hmm my information might be outdated but I don't think Bluetooth inears have low enough latency to be usable in the first place?

Oh dear, I need to sort it for a gig this weekend! Do you have wired IEM you can recommend? I don't think I'll be too far away from the desk so I should be ok with a wired connection.

• Interesting products. Do they allow for stereo IEM?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Oh dear, I need to sort it for a gig this weekend! Do you have wired IEM you can recommend? I don't think I'll be too far away from the desk so I should be ok with a wired connection.

You don't have any wired headphones laying around?