Latency when using Behringer FCB with PROM vs my experience with the Kemper Remote

• Hey all,

I've had FCB1010 with EurekaPROM chip for almost a year now. Since day 1 its been extremely hard to stomp in and out "on beat". I have a ditto without quantization, so I was pretty sure my timing wasn't that far off.

I tried just about everything to get it to sync up. Even returning the Behringer and getting a replacement. Nothing worked. I was still delayed 1/8 beat or so.

When switching profiles everything seemed slow, taking 1-2 seconds to swap between profiles inside the same performance. Needless to say, I was frustrated.

I just recently got a Kemper Remote and it changed everything. Everything is on time, super fast, and switching rigs is instantaneous.

Not to mention, it just works. Easy to set up, intuitive controls, and high quality build.

I'm not a gigging musician, just a guy that likes to play and record at home, I was honestly falling out of love with the Kemper without being able to loop or morph on time. 20 minutes with the remote and my love for the Kemper is re-ignited.

If you're on the fence, or having issues with 3rd party controller, the Remote is worth every penny.

• I initially used my RJM PBC10 as a midi controller, then tried the FCB1010 with Uno chip. Both worked fine for me but were a hassle to set up. Then I found a used Remote at a decent price so took the plunge. My summary would be:

MIDI controller- depending on the model this can be way more flexible and customisable if you have specific requirements and don’t mind programming it to meet your needs.

Remote - Does everything I personally need without any head scratching trying to configure it. It’s plug and play and just works! But there are some things it can’t do which I would like to have a available. For example, I am not a big FX user but I do often have a little delay or Reverb to fill things out. I would like the ability to have a pedal permanently assigned to Delay Mix and/or Reverb mix to be able to ride the level in real time without tying up Morph which could be used for something else. This could be achieved with a dedicated Midi controller.

For me ease of use trumps maximum flexibility so the Remote wins hands down.

• I would like the ability to have a pedal permanently assigned to Delay Mix and/or Reverb mix to be able to ride the level in real time without tying up Morph which could be used for something else. This could be achieved with a dedicated Midi controller.

#68 Delay Mix (Module DLY)

#70 Reverb Mix (Module REV)

Here are the MIDI CCs for just that
    (Main Manual - MIDI page 339)

there are pedals available that send MIDI CCs - maybe a bit pricey, but they do exist

hth