Alternate input not working

• Hello all.

My best friend and fellow guitar player in my band got a Kemper Power Rack. We are setting his up like mine. Also in the rack us the wireless that we are trying to use via the rear “alternate input” on the Kemper. His input does not work. Cable is good. Even tried plugging the guitar direct into The rear “Alt Input”. Nothing. Is there some menu somewhere where this has to be turned on? Mine was “plug and play” and never had an issue. Thanks in advance!

• The ALTERNATIVE INPUT is not plug and play. Input Source is set to Front INPUT by default. You need to change that.

And make sure, the Aux In Mix controls Section are set to "Off" in the Output Sectiob - this is default. Otherwise ALTERNATIVE IN (and RETURN) work as Aux In.

• I have not selected it in the input menu. And only because I’ve been using mine for almost 8 years and have never had to do that so I didn’t know it existed. Mine (rear input) has worked from day one as my wireless guitar input. If my wireless fails (and it has) I have an emergency cable on top of my rack and I plug into the front. They just always have both worked.

• Both only work, if Input Source is set to "Alternative Input". Even with that setting the Front INPUT has the right of way.

In opposition, the ALTERNATIVE IN works only as guitar input if Input Source is set to "Alternative Input". It has always followed that logic. And "Front Input" has always been the default setting. If your Input Source is set to "Alternative Input" and you havn't touched it, your wife or kids or somebody else did.

If you hear a signal via the ALTERNATIVE IN while Input Source is set to "Front Input", you don't use it as a guitar input, but in its capacity as one side of an Loop Stereo return or Aux In.

• I’ll have to go and do this then. It has just always worked. Single guy with no kids since I’ve owned it so no accidents here. I’ll take care of his and mine to make sure it’s not coming in as one side of a return. Thanks for the help!