Random Crackling Noise

• Hello,

I own the Kemper Power Head and was wondering if anyone has run into the issue I have. I keep getting this random crackling popping noise randomly every maybe 30 seconds. I tried all the following but it still does it:

- I updated the firmware to latest 8.7.1.36318.

- I hear the noise coming out of the main out and headphones out as well.

- It happens whether I'm playing or not.

- Tried switching profiles/presets but no change.

- I still get it even when I disconnect the front input cable all together from the Kemper.

- Happens randomly every maybe 20 seconds or so.

I recorded the noise on my computer and uploaded it to the link below:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Attached is a screenshot of the recording.

Thanks !

• Just like this? I traced my problem down to a 1-Spot Power Adapter being plugged in to the same surge protector as the Kemper. I unplugged the 1-Spot and the annoying clicking went away.

Clicking starts at 6 seconds...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• If it comes out of the headphones too and without a guitar connected it seems a support request is in order.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Thanks for all the quick replies everyone ! However I was able to just get it fixed, a new firmware version (8.7.3.36999) was just released today right after I posted this thread . I just upgraded to that from 8.7.1.36318 and so far the clicks seem to go away, fingers crossed it stays that way.

@Wheresthedug I'm not using any SPDIF connections.

@BayouTexan yes the clicks sound exactly like that. It's good to know another power supply was interfering, very useful information in case I run into this problem again in the future.

• Good! Let's hope it stays fixed!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hopefully the new firmware is a permanent fix. I just went through this and this is what support had me do which totally fixed it:

Downgrade to 8.5, reset Init Globals, reupdate to current firmware, done.