Wattage meter setting matching cabinet impedance.

• By adjusting the DRO meter "stretch". Actually, it wouldn't be that difficult. Don't smack your self in the head too much, it might restrict your ability to understand simple topics.

• I do not have a powered Kemper. So I am not familiar with the topic.

If the Kemper measures the Voltage and Current they can calculate power. They would not need cab impedance.

Power = Voltage * Current

So it seems like it would always show the correct approximate power.

• Ikm pretty dumb when it comes to electronics but the manual states thate the power amp delivers X watts at Y impedance. Presumably this is because current in the Power Formula is dependent on voltage and impedance. Therefore, power would change with impedance.

• I think everyone is missing what i was asking. When you play an 8 ohm cab and the Kemper power meter reads 50W that means it's actually about 25 watts. I would like it to actually read 25W in that case. The meter is set for 4ohms, I would like to see a switch that changed the numbers accordingly with 4,8,& 16 ohm loads. It would set the meter response to half with 8 ohm and in fourths with 16 ohm. Sure I can divide and it's not a huge deal it just seemed like something that might not be too hard to implement.

• Would like to see a setting that matches your cab impedance so that the watt meter show accurate without having to divide.

Why?

Have I been missing something ? None of my amps have ever had wattage meters. How could that possibly help my music?

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• By adjusting the DRO meter "stretch". Actually, it wouldn't be that difficult. Don't smack your self in the head too much, it might restrict your ability to understand simple topics.

Ok, you went there. So here goes. Evidently, for some people like you, math is hard, especially dividing by 2. I understand it may be above your brain capacity, but if you're running 600w at 4 ohms, dividing by 2 for 8ohms, and another for 16ohm isn't a problem for most 3rd graders. Sorry that I overestimated your mental capacity. It wont happen again.

• I don't need wilkipedia for that. I studied electronics back in 1977. What does that have to do with my request? I'm just asking to have the meter read what it really is at 4,8 & 16 ohms.

I studied electronics too and I still need it to remind me. :) I would assume Kemper could inject that formula into some program code and give you the option you requested.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Ok, you went there. So here goes. Evidently, for some people like you, math is hard, especially dividing by 2. I understand it may be above your brain capacity, but if you're running 600w at 4 ohms, dividing by 2 for 8ohms, and another for 16ohm isn't a problem for most 3rd graders. Sorry that I overestimated your mental capacity. It wont happen again.

YOU went there with the "Smack myself in the head" comment like what I wrote was ridiculous. And I guarantee I would smear you in math. You don't know me, fool. Blocked.

• Why?

Have I been missing something ? None of my amps have ever had wattage meters. How could that possibly help my music?

I've never used pedals either. That doesn't mean somebody wouldn't find them useful. How would they possibly help my music? There already is a wattage meter on the Kemper, I just want it to read correctly. Would you want to drive a car with the speedometer reading 36 MPH off? Sure you could subtract/add that but wouldn't it make more sense to have it fixed?

• YOU went there with the "Smack myself in the head" comment like what I wrote was ridiculous. And I guarantee I would smear you in math. You don't know me, fool. Blocked.

LOL, ask a question, and get a legitimate answer along with a question about implementation, and you turn on everyone on the forum. Good luck.

• I've never used pedals either. That doesn't mean somebody wouldn't find them useful. How would they possibly help my music? There already is a wattage meter on the Kemper, I just want it to read correctly. Would you want to drive a car with the speedometer reading 36 MPH off? Sure you could subtract/add that but wouldn't it make more sense to have it fixed?

I have a kemper Stage, it has no watt meter, it's not an amplifier. You didn't answer my question. you compared apples to oranges and ignored the question. IMHO.... If you can't justify a request for a feature you don't really need it.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• I have a kemper Stage, it has no watt meter, it's not an amplifier. You didn't answer my question. you compared apples to oranges and ignored the question. IMHO.... If you can't justify a request for a feature you don't really need it.

I use 4 cabinets sometimes. I want to make sure I'm not exceeding the rated continuous for the amplifier. Happy now?

• 16 ohms. But I don't understand why that matters in validating my request.

The question is not about validating or negating your request. I think I understand you would like to be able to manually specify the impedance of your cabinet(s) load, so the scale of the Output Meter reflects the poweramp output.

I'm more curious about your cabinets, than anything. Four 16 ohm cabinets in series-parallel? Four 4 ohm cabinets in series?

" I want to make sure I'm not exceeding the rated continuous for the amplifier. "

From my understanding, if the power amp has too low of an impedance load , it can overheat and will shut itself off until it cools down. If the impedance is higher, it will be be limited in its power output.