Profile nomenclature?

• I’m having trouble figuring this out. Lots of profiles by unknowns and big names alike have a naming system. It might look like this;

FA Mars CM8 152

I figured out the FA might be the authors “tag”. The Mars is an amp brand, cm8 is a model. What is the 152?

Any other naming habits you can share with me?

• There may be more notes in the actual profile if you add it to your Kemper and open it in Rig Manager. Some of the creators put numbers in to represent the microphone that was used or possibly the cabinet. It is difficult to tell without more information. That is where the profile notes may help.

• Press and hold "AMPLIFIER" button, then press "AMP TAGS" button in upper left corner in display.

Scroll with "TYPE" knob ..

If the author of the profile is / was "serious" he should have filled out the specs .....

Same with "CAB" ... Press and hold, then press "CAB TAGS" and scroll with "TYPE" knob.

About naming rigs, there´s no rules as far as I know ... The number "152" might as well

be a "serial number" of that specific authors profiles ..... :/

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I do mine like this "Author(BT) Amp(Mars) OD-Used(MT2) Profile-Version(5)" so it would look like this BT Mars MT2 5. I see lots of profiles labeled this way. Sometimes they use the mic type instead of version number BT Mars MT2 M80.

The 152 could be the gain/Eq settings he used on amp?? You can try to contact the author and ask him directly. Gain =1. Bass = 5. Treble = 2. Or something similar.

I always add a postfix to a saved profile to let me know what I used it for. BT Mars MT2 M80 Metal.

When you dial in the perfect profile you can name it BT My Fukn Best Dont Mod ;) I actually came across a similar named one on here somwhere. LOL

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.