Timmy Bass?

• Is the "Tim Bass" pedal on the Kemper drive meant only for bass? I didn't see a "regular" Tim. I was just messing around with it and it sounded amazing with my tele into a Colonial rig.

• I thought it just meant the Timmy drive with Bass EQ boosted.

I tried looking it up in the addendum, but didn't see a description of what it was replicating. (is there even a Timmy Bass pedal?} Regardless, I found it to be great with a telecaster. Seems to make it more " fat and juicy" without taking away from the original sound. Excellent. I just get exited trying out things on the KPA I haven't tried that give me a new tone. It just feels so dynamic and musical.

• I have a couple vintage Marshalls that remained from my amp collection I sold when I got my Kemper. I have never been happy with what drive pedals do to them. I have played some artist profiles that I liked and then noticed they were using a timmy when profiling. I also like this "tim bass" even if it is a bass effect. I'm thinking I might just like a timmy pedal with my Marshalls I play once in a while. I don't know much about them, if the MXR one is just as good as the originals etc. but the examples I have heard using it are pleasing to me.

• But where is the Timmy Bass pedal?

As I said before, I think "Bass" is a postfix and just refers to the bass knob on the Timmy being adjusted somewhere past 12 o'clock (or past 5) on the dial. I guess only Kemper themselves can tell us for sure. But I've never heard of a bass pedal for a bass guitar before.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The Tim Bass presets are just settings of the Kemper Drive to replicate the MXR Timmy* pedal - it's just a name ;)

*All product names and company names are trademarks of each respective holder. Kemper GmbH is not associated or affiliated therewith. Those trademarks are only used for historical reference or to identify products whose sounds or tone inspired us during development.

• This is from the manual and maybe explains the preset name:

• Definition

All overdrive pedals rely on a similar filter circuit, embedded in the distortion stage. It cuts the bass frequencies of the guitar before it gets overdriven. This tightens the bass region of the guitar and, at the same time, creates a slight mid-hump that many overdrive pedals are known for.

This filter is fixed and inaccessible in most overdrive pedals. However, the Timmy® Overdrive* features a “Bass” knob which allows for continuously driving this filter down towards the bass end, giving blues players an extended control over their tone fundament...

• I thought they were for bass, I've been skipping over them since they came out until a couple of weeks ago. I was trying different overdrives with a profile and came to the tim bass and figured might as well, to my surprise one sounded really good with that particular profile so I saved it, but I still thought it was for a bass🤪

• I thought they were for bass, I've been skipping over them since they came out until a couple of weeks ago. I was trying different overdrives with a profile and came to the tim bass and figured might as well, to my surprise one sounded really good with that particular profile so I saved it, but I still thought it was for a bass🤪

^^ They don't make a bass pedal for a bass guitar because the bass IS a bass. ;)

Don't skip over anything. You never know what tone treasure you might come across.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Exactly. I'd been skipping over them too seeing they were for bass. Then I tried it and really liked it even though I thought it was just for bass too! Apparently, (and you can read in this string), It was just a name. I just don't understand why Kemper would put BASS in the name to confuse us. Maybe call it TimE or TimBe overdrive, but not "Tim Bass". That would make one think it is for Bass guitar. Like a "Bass overdrive" or Bass Octave" etc.