Question about Rig Manager data; where is the data stored on a mac?

• Hi, my 27 inch imac finally died and I didn't properly backup my rig manager data. What would be the path to the data if I have my old hard drive accessable? Thanks

Guitar & amp junkie from Ottawa, Canada

• I'm not so happy with this solution...
    Is there really no "normal" way to change the folder?

ESP Eclipse Black Distressed | Schecter S-1 "Zacky V Blade" | LTD EC 1000 | Kemper Stage |

EVH Frankenstrat | Fender Strat

• Because the path leads to my cloud folder. I want to change the path to a local folder.

ESP Eclipse Black Distressed | Schecter S-1 "Zacky V Blade" | LTD EC 1000 | Kemper Stage |

• I don’t see the problem, sorry.

I think you are using iCloud Drive, correct?

You could tell iCloud to not sync the desktop & document folder and then manually add every folder back that you still want to sync.

• The problem is:
    I need to do a workaround to change the path in a program. Not very progressive.

I should say iCloud to not sync my folders and then add my 40 folders manually again to the cloud.
    And why? Because it's not possible to change a path in a single program?

Couldn't have guessed that changing the path to another folder is witchcraft. But apparently: It is!

• Well of course the devs could make this a variable and let you choose the path in the settings.
    i just wanted to show you some quick (and dirty) alternatives.

maybe start a new thread in „feature request“.

• Why don't you want to back your Kemper data up on iCloud? If you have another hardware failure it's already there for the next one.

Edit: I thought I was responding to the OP.

• The problem is:
    I need to do a workaround to change the path in a program. Not very progressive.

I should say iCloud to not sync my folders and then add my 40 folders manually again to the cloud.
    And why? Because it's not possible to change a path in a single program?

Couldn't have guessed that changing the path to another folder is witchcraft. But apparently: It is!

Why is backing the Kemper up to your iCloud a bad thing and why should that feature have made it to the top of the wishlist for the Kemper community?

• I'm using my Rigmanger in the Dropbox for many reasons.
    So i linked the rigmanager Datafolder:

~/Library/Application\ Support/Kemper\ Amps

on windows you can use the the mklink command:

Code
    MKLINK /J %LocalAppData%\"Kemper Amps"\RigManager D:\Dropbox\_Kemper\RigManagerData

Be the force with you ;)