Is my Stage broken since I bought it? I’m desperate

• our support team has reamped the DI recordings that you kindly provided and could not detect any differences between your reference recordings and our reamped recordings. The good news is that there is nothing wrong with your Profiler.

• our support team has reamped the DI recordings that you kindly provided and could not detect any differences between your reference recordings and our reamped recordings. The good news is that there is nothing wrong with your Profiler.

Yes, that is what they said. Sadly, I do not agree.

I was also not offered any options. I even sent an email asking for some options such as a return, repair, etc.

Currently in truth the unit fills a small gap in what I want it for. There are some sounds that do not require any singing overtones that I can use it for. But I purchased it specifically for a certain tone I hear everyone else getting, and I do not get it.

As I stated above, I am thinking of trying to roll back to an older OS. Just to rule out a software issue. Any help on that topic?

Any form of Tech Mode where I can try to turn some things on/off to see where the issue is coming from?

Any help would be appreciated because I love every thing else about it.

• I think its actually your ears that are broken :D

I was curious as I hadn't heard of the Acoustic G10 before so I went to their website watched their demo video. FFS, that thing sounded like SH!T =O

If your Kemper sounds as bad as that something is definitely broken.

• I think its actually your ears that are broken :D

I was curious as I hadn't heard of the Acoustic G10 before so I went to their website watched their demo video. FFS, that thing sounded like SH!T =O

If your Kemper sounds as bad as that something is definitely broken.

Agreed. Something is not right ^^

The G10 on its own sounds pretty bad. But it has that upper mid range bite that my Kemper is completely missing. It cant be dialed in no matter what. It also sings, which my Kemper does not. So there is no way to make any decent High Gain Metal or singing Eric Johnson type stuff on my Kemper, it just is missing all of the crucial elements.

Side note: The G10 cab and 8" kill the tone. I ran it thru my homemade 2x12 and it sounds pretty damn good. I have it miced up and running into the Kemper for effects only.

I am currently running thru my cheap pedal collection to see what works. So far I have a $49 amp, $49 Digitech OD pedal, a sheet of 3/4 plywood, and two Eminence 12" speakers. 8o

• Hello? Is this thing on? Tap Tap Tap. Check 1, 2.... Check 1, 2.... :)

• Hi Joshua, I went back and listened again to the clips you uploaded at the start of the thread. They sound OK to me although there is maybe a little squawking pick noise at the beginning of notes if that makes sense. Not really sure how to describe it but it might be the thing your are talking about. I tried to learn the part you uploaded on the MB - 69 Marshall 9 3 example and played it back myself with the same rig for as close a comparison as I could manage. Unfortunately I don't have a Strat so I used a PRS 513 in the Bridge Classic Humbucker mode for something that might be in the rough ball park of the JB Jnr in your Strat. Excuse the phrasing :S but it should be a decent basic comparison for side by side A/B listening. Do you still hear the same issues in my recording?

JoshuaL MB - 69 Mars 50 9 3

When I made the recording I also took a DI and tried it with Guitar Rig and Amplitube. They had much less gain and more bite but not as much depth to my ears.

• Hi Joshua, I went back and listened again to the clips you uploaded at the start of the thread. They sound OK to me although there is maybe a little squawking pick noise at the beginning of notes if that makes sense. Not really sure how to describe it but it might be the thing your are talking about. I tried to learn the part you uploaded on the MB - 69 Marshall 9 3 example and played it back myself with the same rig for as close a comparison as I could manage. Unfortunately I don't have a Strat so I used a PRS 513 in the Bridge Classic Humbucker mode for something that might be in the rough ball park of the JB Jnr in your Strat. Excuse the phrasing :S but it should be a decent basic comparison for side by side A/B listening. Do you still hear the same issues in my recording?

JoshuaL MB - 69 Mars 50 9 3

When I made the recording I also took a DI and tried it with Guitar Rig and Amplitube. They had much less gain and more bite but not as much depth to my ears.

ho thanks!

Yes it’s exactly what you described there’s a kind of strange icy frequency that comes with the attack.

I hear less in your recording. And it seems to be really more bodied and full compared to mine.
    even if the guitar is not the same, mine is thin compared to yours (talking about tone here lol). A lot of differences, more in your face, less distant, more 3D.

I really don’t get what is the problem with my stage.

• I wish I could answer that one for you. All I know is it can sound awesome so something isn’t right but I don’t know what it is 😟

yeah, thanxs anyway. :)

but honestly if I don’t find a way to make it work I gonna do my summer gigs (about 55) with the kemper and sell it.

Before I’m gonna make check my guitars by a technician and see if the problem is not coming from my instruments.

Can you send me the ReAmped recordings you created from my MP3s?

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is my take. I don't think it sounds any better than yours. You can hear that my strings are bit dead at this point (don't play it much these days).

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM