what's you're favourite DAW?

• Set your VST input connections to show SPDIF L, SPDIF R. In Input menu there are no Output option, Cubase just want you to set the second one to make it stereo. You should still be able to set the Output in his own menu

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Yes. Make new connections in the input and output menu in cubase for alle combinations of inputs and store them as presets. I have made one for stereo spdif, but also two mono versions for spdif left/right named stack and DI for when I use the inputs for that. Very handy.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Another Logic user here. Since they ironed out most of the bugs of the previous versions, I really like this DAW a lot and after recording so much, my workflow with it, the Kemper and a couple of key plugins like Melodyne and Izotope is very efficient. When I track in studios they usually use Pro Tools and it seems to work slightly differently (for the punch-ins for example) and looks visually a bit clunky. On Logic I particularly like the way the comps and the grouping work (especially in the case of the Kemper where you can group your main tracks with your DI track and comp/edit them together), as well as the library of instruments. I used them on several demos and jingles; drummers in particular are so easy to use, take almost no CPU resources compared to separate drumming software and sound great. Apple loops are also very cool to use when creating something, just drag and drop stuff that instantly adjust to the key and tempo and you get ideas quick. I'm no fanboy and hate the business model of Macbooks and Iphones obsolescence but imo they totally knock it out of the park with software like Logic and Final Cut. Also, because they are much more widely used than Reaper and other DAWs, there are tons of youtube tutorials available whenever you are looking for a specific obscure function.

• I like Logic because I've been on Mac since 2005. Someone earlier said that the best DAW is the one you're most familar with, and that's certainly true. Logic covers everthing what I use a DAW for (straight in recording, sequencing, AU host for software instruments) and is stable. I don't see personally see any reason to consider anything else. The price is good (around 200€) but includes a huge library of samples and instruments. I like the space Designer reverb:thumbup: and the automatic drummer:thumbup: features a lot. The included electric piano:thumbup: instument is my go-to Rhodes sound.

My only criticism might be, that I wish there was a "turn off EDM mode", which would turn off and hide the looping functions.:thumbdown:

Whatever you chose, take some time to learn the software and imagine scenarios in which at some point, those functions might be useful to your workflow.

TL/DR: Logic, if you're on a Mac.

• Tracktion Waveform PRO 12, for me it's the greatest DAW ever created.

It doesn't emulate real hardware, it does things smarter.... all from one screen.

There is also a very capable Free version (Waveform 11 free) so give it a spin is you have time.