Problem profiling the Bogren Rev C VST Plugin

• Hi guys. every time i attempt to profile this amazing plug in, it comes out muddy and doesnt sound anything like the VST. Has anybody successfully profiled this plugin yet? Wanted to profile it as I don't want to take my mac pro to jam sessions!! If you havent tried out this plugin yet, its a keeper! Thanks in advance to anyone that can help :)

• Thanks for the reply. Still unable to get even reasonably close - profiles are still dull, without clarity, almost like a blanket has been put on top of the vst. Never had such a difference of sound from the kemper - and I’ve owned 2 since 2012. Anyone else help out here with this one as I’m still scratching my head what’s going wrong!

• make sure that any noise gates and compressors are disabled.

Also:

"You can PROFILE solid-state amps, as well as software modeling amps, although the results from PROFILING modeled amps can sometimes be underwhelming. The reason for this is that some emulations use techniques that don’t necessarily match the analog reality."

• since it is based on a 'one knob' layout, it is very likely that there is a noise gate in the signal path that can not be user adjusted or deactivated. Even hardware preamps with built-in noise gates cannot be profiled correctly until the noise gate is deactivated.

• Hi all, thanks for your replies :) I reckon the reason why it doesnt profile properly is that 'under the hood' of this VST, there must a multiband compressor at play. Guess I will have to settle with the plug in to be studio only and not for live use. Shame really, as I like it a lot. Thanks again everyone for your input. :thumbup: