Marshall DSL40CR profiles

• Hi all,

I realized this morning that I never uploaded my DSL40 profiles to Rig Exchange. I don't know if you guys will like them, but I really love them, and I've used them on just about everything I've recorded for the last 2 years or so.

It's a stock DSL40CR, miced with an SM57 right on the grill cloth, on-axis. I don't recall exactly where on the cone it was (2 years ago!) but it was likely just off the dustcap.

The profiles are super thick, tons of mid and bass. I use them for recording, and generally wind up cranking the air (the CLA SSL high shelf "trick") and pulling out a little bit of low-mid, but otherwise they fit great as-is.

OD1 is my go-to for just about everything right now. Not too much gain, plenty thick, responds well to dynamics. OD2 is pretty fuzzy and gnarly. Clean is spanky with just a little dirt if you dig in with hot pickups. The crunch profile I don't use much, but I uploaded it anyhow.

They're on Rig Exchange as:

AR - DSL40 Clean

AR - DSL40 Crunch

AR - DSL40 OD1

AR - DSL40 OD2

Hope you enjoy!

• Thanks!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM