Marshall DSL40CR profiles

• Hi all,

I realized this morning that I never uploaded my DSL40 profiles to Rig Exchange. I don't know if you guys will like them, but I really love them, and I've used them on just about everything I've recorded for the last 2 years or so.

It's a stock DSL40CR, miced with an SM57 right on the grill cloth, on-axis. I don't recall exactly where on the cone it was (2 years ago!) but it was likely just off the dustcap.

The profiles are super thick, tons of mid and bass. I use them for recording, and generally wind up cranking the air (the CLA SSL high shelf "trick") and pulling out a little bit of low-mid, but otherwise they fit great as-is.

OD1 is my go-to for just about everything right now. Not too much gain, plenty thick, responds well to dynamics. OD2 is pretty fuzzy and gnarly. Clean is spanky with just a little dirt if you dig in with hot pickups. The crunch profile I don't use much, but I uploaded it anyhow.

They're on Rig Exchange as:

AR - DSL40 Clean

AR - DSL40 Crunch

AR - DSL40 OD1

AR - DSL40 OD2

Hope you enjoy!

• Thanks!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I realized this morning that I never uploaded my DSL40 profiles to Rig Exchange. I don't know if you guys will like them, but I really love them, and I've used them on just about everything I've recorded for the last 2 years or so.

Hey Thanks!

I have this Marshall amp. Got from Sweetwater, it was an exclusive they sold.

You saved me having to profile my amp, and your profiles sound exactly like the amp! And again, no lugging this heavy 1X12 combo out of the house. Amazing what it weighs....

• You should try lugging the TSL122. 2x 12 celestion speakers, all the amp chassis and cab wood in one Monster heavy package.

I’ve done it now!

I expect someone else will chip in with…

“That’s nothin. When I were a lad, we had amps that were made from concrete with solid steel 22 inch speaker cones mounted on iron girders…. Oh and I lived in’ matchbox under drain in’t street ‘n’ ad worms with mud for breakfast.”

I’ll try the profiles when I get a mo.

Pre-Amp

😁

• You should try lugging the TSL122. 2x 12 celestion speakers, all the amp chassis and cab wood in one Monster heavy package.

😁

Yeah, my days of stacks and half stacks are behind me! I have 4X12 cabs, 2X12 and even 1X12. Marshall, HiWatt and Hughes & Kettner heads. My rack of ADA MP-1's and rack effects will now gather dust. lol

The Profiler is making my life easier, and less strain on the back.

I put a Performance together with the 4 rigs of the DSL-40CR, and on channel 5 I have a JCM-800 for a real dreamy solo channel.