Clarified: Misson Control KP1-EP Toe switch not working.

• Either I really can't understand all the tutorial videos how to set up the pedal or understand the User Guide but I can't get the Toe switch to work. As it says in the user guide I used a mono switch, tried both to connect it to my Remote and the back of my PowerHead. I went into System and changed that pedal to be a mono switch as well as the slot in the signal chain I wanted it to turn on/off. It wouldn't work and after a few hours of trial and error with a worrying large amount of error, I'm close to giving up on it.

• The guy I sold mine too had a similar issue. Turns out it was a faulty mono cable. I assume you meant mono cable as opposed to "mono switch" ?

Dont worry. You will sort it out.:)

• You need 2 trs cables (stereo), not mono.

Ah ok thank you. In the user guide it says the Toe switch (output 2 on the EP1-KP) should be used with a regular mono-cable and TRS for the expression pedal itself (Output 1 on the EP1-KP)

• The guide is correct. You need a TRS for the expression pedal and a basic TS for the switch (although a TRS should also work but isn’t necessary). The toe switches on the Mission pedals seems to be a bit of a problem. I had to replace min and I’ve heard of others with faulty switches but I’m not sure just how common it is.

Swap the cable to rule out a faulty cable. If this still doesn’t work just take a TS cable and short tip and ring (or use another switch if you have one available) to see if the switching is working at the Kemper end. If it is then you know the Mission switch is faulty.

• You need to configure correctly the pedal.
    configuration depends on what you want to do with it.

But If you want the toe switch to work you need to go to pedals>(number of pedal where you plugged the switch cable> and select pedal type: mono switch and Wich switch is activated.

• just received an EP1 with toe switch (not spring loaded), and can only program either volume or wah, the toe switch does not seem to work. I am about to return the pedal for warranty exchange. Whether I connect output 2 or not, no difference when pushing hard on the toe switch (I do not feel any « click » as with usual effect pedal switches). The button cannot go deeper, so does not engage any switch.

Seems to be a known problem with the EP1 (not only w. Kemper users).

• The switch is obviously set a little too low. The switch has two nuts on it and uses the same system for adjustment ad the Crybaby and others. Mine was too low for my taste originally but its dead easy to tailor to personal preference.

The height of the switch is adjusted by loosening one nut and tightening the other. In your case you would loosen the inside nut and tighten the outer one which raises the switch nearer to the pedal.

• do not feel any « click » as with usual effect pedal

And it doesn't, it's a latching switch. You need both cables connected and you have to assign the toe switch to the block (typically A) where you put the Wah. The assignment is global, for all rigs. You need as well to assign the kind of switch to the pedal input you connect to.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• And it doesn't, it's a latching switch. You need both cables connected and you have to assign the toe switch to the block (typically A) where you put the Wah. The assignment is global, for all rigs. You need as well to assign the kind of switch to the pedal input you connect to.

Thanks, I tried again today using the 2 cables as described (how I did laso before), still the switch seems to be inoperative, settings with Pedal 1 as wah, pedal 2 as switch, to A, where the wah shall be in my rigs. I do not have the impression I can push more or deeper, the button goes to max and still nothing happens.

• Thanks, I tried again today using the 2 cables as described (how I did laso before), still the switch seems to be inoperative, settings with Pedal 1 as wah, pedal 2 as switch, to A, where the wah shall be in my rigs. I do not have the impression I can push more or deeper, the button goes to max and still nothing happens.

just made the last trst, could get a hand on a multimeter to check the resustance of the switch and there is no change whether i push and push again, strong on the switch. The switch is effectless, to my eyes should be off (max. resistance) and then on (min. resistance).

• Thanks, I tried again today using the 2 cables as described (how I did laso before), still the switch seems to be inoperative, settings with Pedal 1 as wah, pedal 2 as switch, to A, where the wah shall be in my rigs. I do not have the impression I can push more or deeper, the button goes to max and still nothing happens.

you have done this by hand, right? not just stepping on the pedal? if you push that switch with your thumb and you get no click & no response, that's a bad latching switch right there.

"No socks? No problem."

• New
    • Official Post

Spantik7000 Did you try and use the Calibration for the switch on the setup page?

The toe switch does not need excessive pressure to engage. I have seen broken switches on the EP1, after users stepped very hard on the pedal to get a tactile click (which the unlatching switch does not have).

• New
    • Official Post

Calibation is a good idea.

To verify, that the switch as such isn't falty, discinnect the TS cable from the toe switch socket of the Mission pedal and just use a piece of metal e.g. a paper clip to close the contacts between the jack's tip and sleeve. If the settings are correct, there is an effect in the assigned effect module e.g. module B and you pressed Calibrate, each short cut performed should toggle the effect on/off.

• you have done this by hand, right? not just stepping on the pedal? if you push that switch with your thumb and you get no click & no response, that's a bad latching switch right there.

that was the case, yes, THX, I could activate the switch by hand. I adjusted the height and now the wah/volume work perfectly.

Thanks to all for your patience and support

• Burkhard

Changed the title of the thread from “Misson Control KP1-EP Toe switch not working.” to “Clarified: Misson Control KP1-EP Toe switch not working.”.