Is there a difference between FRFR and active studio monitors?

• Hello Rosich

don't be afraid to use cheap guitar, it's not a matter of price but more a matter of woods, pickups and overall crafting. If your guitar does sound great thru classic tube amps, you'll find some great rigs on the KPA too.

I use a 200€ second hand classic vibe Squier thinline tele (stock PUs) and it sounds really great with most of the rigs.

Remember that the KPA is 'transparent ' to your guitar and will emphasize it's flaws as well as it's qualities, just like a good tube amp does.

That said , the KPA deserves great guitars , once you get your KPA borrow some friend's guitars and listen to their actual tone thru the KPA, you'll be amazed by the differences and probably begin a guitar collection ( like japanese vintage tokais,orville ...)

W

• Hi guys. Im thinking about buying KPA and I have some questions.
    Does anybody play to KPA through behringer thruth? Does it sounds good?
    I have korean crafted dean and afraid that may have same problems as a topic-starter. Guys, can you tell about your expirience of playing to KPA through not expensive guitars.

PS.Sorry for my english, i know its terrible.

I use Behringer Truths, B2031 model.

My KPA sounds......unbelievable..........through them.

I've also played my KPA through various other Studio Monitors including the Genelec range, Mackies, etc,etc...but every time I come back to my Behringers it still sounds amazing.