Can't import downloaded rigs

• you can directly drag the rigs into rig manager, but check in which folder. A rig has to go in rig folder, a preset in preset, etc. You can use local library, organizing also the subfolders as you like, for store them in your pc, before put them in the profiler

• Switched of RM then on again. Import option is now available in drop down menu.

But says 'Can't import as duplicate'
    Even though I've renamed it !

I don't understand why you intend to import the same Rig two times. However, if you rename the object within Rig Manager it gets also a new creation date and the original can be imported into the same destination once again. If you rename the file in your PC file system, that doesn't matter. The relevant Rig Name is hidden in the file.

• I don't understand why you intend to import the same Rig two times. However, if you rename the object within Rig Manager it gets also a new creation date and the original can be imported into the same destination once again. If you rename the file in your PC file system, that doesn't matter. The relevant Rig Name is hidden in the file.

To restore the original I downloaded a few years back, as I may have tweaked some presets in it & saved it with same name.

I wanted to ensure it was the original which I recall liking very much

• Easy to achieve what you want.

In Rig Manager, right click on Local Library, select 'add folder'.

Drag those rigs you want into the new folder.

Rename them slightly like add 'original' or whatever you want, or if you're in a hurry, just click duplicate rig, it adds the word 'copy'.

Drag (or copy/paste) the newly named rigs wherever you want.

If you want to add the rig to the Profiler itself, push the 'store' button on the profiler while it's loaded, or drag it in Rig mgr, or click store rig to profiler.

It just doesn't allow duplicates in the same folder. So, just add or use a different folder, change the name, good to go.

• Each file stored is unique. Even with the same Rig Name it gets another time stamp. If it has another time stamp, it's not a duplicate. So it can get imported, even in the same location.

I suspect Pobinr is trying to import an identical Rig with same time stamp into the same location. Prove me wrong.

• After you "rename" a rig, you have to click the "Store Rig" button otherwise it will revert to it's previous name. Maybe that's what is confusing OP. Another test to do is to place the specific rig in a thumb drive and import into the profiler directly. The profiler will display a message "Already installed" (something like that) to tell you it's a duplicate, and this would rule out an RM error.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Rigs that you download must have been stored before.

Just to make you aware.... You do not always need to press "Store Rig" to permanently change a Rig Name. It depends.

1. Changing a Rig's name is one of the transactions that can be performed even while no PROFILER is connected and the editor window is not available. If you change the name of a Rig which is currently not loaded in the PROFILER, pressing Enter is sufficient. Rig Name and creation date change immediately and permanently. Changes of tags can even be performed for selections of Rigs in one go by just pressing Enter.

2. If a Rig is loaded - meaning the PROFILER is connected to your PC, is in Browser Mode and you see the Rig on the play page and in the editor window, you can play it and it's marked by a headphones icon in Rig Manager - as soon as you edit it, the line with the headphones icon becomes red and an "E" appears in the display. Only in this scenario a change of a Rig Name requires pressing "Store Rig". The logic of the PROFILER rules. Editing of items loaded are not immediately stored and permanent. You edit just the buffer and need to decide later how, where and if you intend to store it. This can only be done with one item at a time as only one Rig or Performance can be loaded at a time.