Kemper's quality build...

• People who knows me knows that i always try to get the best of my unit.
    This is a FAS effect. lol
    After spending so much time to tweak, i'm today competing in the Olympic Games for the tweaking final race.
    So i opened the stomach of my lilly box.(that's the name i gave to my KPA...it is so cute :D )
    I have to say that i'm surprised. I wonder how Kemper can sell this unit at this price because IMO it probably cost more to product than the Axe II.
    For example the tracks of the pcb are gold plated. :whistling:

• People who knows me knows that i always try to get the best of my unit.
    This is a FAS effect. lol
    After spending so much time to tweak, i'm today competing in the Olympic Games for the tweaking final race.
    So i opened the stomach of my lilly box.(that's the name i gave to my KPA...it is so cute :D )
    I have to say that i'm surprised. I wonder how Kemper can sell this unit at this price because IMO it probably cost more to product than the Axe II.
    For example the tracks of the pcb are gold plated. :whistling:

The price of the components (in this case, ordered in bulk, of course) is low enough so that you can set the retail price almost wherever you want within a range. It mostly depends on the competition's prices, the price margin that you are aiming for, and a few other things.
    The KPA's build quality is excellent, long live German precision :thumbup:

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• I know that the price of thousands pieces is not the same than the price for one but we probably talk here about a few thousands not 20 or 30 thousands. By the way i'm sure that some pieces in the KPA stay pricey.
    I just compared to another well known gear. :D

• Well, let's not forget that they produce also the Virus synth, probably with 90%+ of the same components. Actually one of the first experimental Profiler made by CK was a Virus TI Desktop running another software.....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Well, let's not forget that they produce also the Virus synth, probably with 90%+ of the same components. Actually one of the first experimental Profiler made by CK was a Virus TI Desktop running another software.....

Makes perfect sense.. why would you use different components if the basis is the same.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.