Childbirth and Guitars

• Hope this is ok to share here…

Interesting question here… Just had a baby and our midwife did a thing with the placenta cord dehydrated and shaped into a heart and said to preserve it we should spray it with a clear coat or varathane. This reminded me that this is a perfect opportunity to finally try and preserve sharpie signatures on my nylon string guitar. I got these all at a Tommy Emmanuel guitar camp in Maui back in 2019. It’s very sentimental to me and I want to keep them intact.

Can someone please tell me how to best preserve these best?

• I haven't actually watched this particular video yet but Brad is pretty knowledge about guitar finishing so I would expect some good information in this one.

Protecting a signature video

And I can't believe that two of us have commented on he signature but neither of us thought to congratulate you and your wife on the birth of you baby 🤦🏻‍♂️

Congratulations! Prepare for sleepless nights, stinking nappies (diapers for the Americans on here) and a constant money drain for the next 30+years. But it's worth it 👍👍👍👍

• Hope this is ok to share here…

Interesting question here… Just had a baby and our midwife did a thing with the placenta cord dehydrated and shaped into a heart and said to preserve it we should spray it with a clear coat or varathane. This reminded me that this is a perfect opportunity to finally try and preserve sharpie signatures on my nylon string guitar. I got these all at a Tommy Emmanuel guitar camp in Maui back in 2019. It’s very sentimental to me and I want to keep them intact.

Can someone please tell me how to best preserve these best?

From one Guy to another ( sorry, I'll keep doing that), Congrats on the nipper.

Guy

• thank you I’ll look into the link and make sure

To note it won’t dissolve the ink. It is sharpie. And thank you, cheers to the next 18 years of parental service to mankind