Harsh sound on Kemper for absolute no reason

• Hi everyone

i will try post a video with the two sounds. Basically had a recording session yesterday and everything was working fine. I’m using the M Brit Deluxe Rvb 67. The sound was perfect in the studio but for (no reason) the sound has completely changed overnight. Sort of harsh sound, the treble sounds awful and the same pattern repeats itself on every (and I mean every) profile (all the M Britt, Kemper original profiles), like if the sound of the amp was quite behind in the mix, dominated by an awful DI sound.

I’ve tried everything except delete and upload again my whole Kemper. But I would like it to be the last option as if it happens once on stage, how am I gonna be able to solve it?

Cabinet, Amp is on

Reset the init globals

Tried it on my DAW

Tried it with my headphones directly plugged on Kemper

Plugged and unplugged different outputs / inputs

Tried with my pedals and with my guitar plugged directly into the Kemper

Nothing apparently changed (output, treble etc..) ! That’s the worst part 😭

so if someone can help that would be highly appreciated. Just had the Kemper for 1 month and seriously if I’ve got this issue on stage for no reason that it’s def gonna be HUGE issue

thanks a lot guys!

• What is different? Day one you are in the studio. Where are you playing on day two where it is different?

The Kemper has some global output settings like PURE CABINET and HIGH LOW CUTs. Many people here swear by a HI CUT around 6-7K as taming the fizz. Maybe your HI was set but now it is not? And resetting the globals will make it not set.

The last profiler update fixed the METAL EQ mid section. Are you running the METAL EQ on all of your profiles? The MID settings were not working before the patch. I doubt they would cause your issue though. Just an idea.

• Make sure you haven't locked something (Press and hold lock and see if anything else lights). Remember that locks in Browse mode are separate from locks in Performance.

Make sure your output is set to Master Mono or Master Stereo.

See if you've enabled parallel path. That could be adding a clean signal to your output.

• I have had a similar issue a few times with a Stage. Reboot, problem stayed. Then I unplugged the volume pedal, and after another reboot it was OK and I replugged the volume pedal. But I don't know if the volume pedal was related or not, or if it was the 2nd reboot that fixed it.

• Hey guys

thanks a lot for all your answers.

So I rebooted the Kemper twice now and it's still doing it.

Make sure you haven't locked something (Press and hold lock and see if anything else lights). Remember that locks in Browse mode are separate from locks in Performance.

Make sure your output is set to Master Mono or Master Stereo.

See if you've enabled parallel path. That could be adding a clean signal to your output.

I've done that as well. Nothing changes

• So here's the new bad sound :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's the good sound :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The funny thing about is that on the second recording I had to actually turn up my input on my audio interface compared to the first sound and the first sound is still LOWER than the second one. It seems that the gain is automatically louder now on my Kemper than it was before. Once again, the sound is not as creamy as the first one, it's now harsh, treble are bad and it seems like a DI is behind it.

• Probably won't help, but on your screen shots that you don't have the -12DB on. But I see your level is set to -17DB. Probably couldn't hurt trying it with the -12 on just to hear the difference.

Beyond that I don't see anything that leaps out. And you did say this happens on other rigs and through the Kemper headphone out.

Maybe time to contact support?

• Probably won't help, but on your screen shots that you don't have the -12DB on. But I see your level is set to -17DB. Probably couldn't hurt trying it with the -12 on just to hear the difference.

Beyond that I don't see anything that leaps out. And you did say this happens on other rigs and through the Kemper headphone out.

Maybe time to contact support?

Still nothing.

yeah I've tried to get in touch with them, but nothing yet. It's my second week as a Kemper owner... Seriously

• And just to be sure, you say this exact thing happens even if you are not using Logic or your interface in any way, right?

So through Kemper headphones (not headphones through your computer or interface), or through studio monitors plugged in to the Kemper Main Outs directly?

If so, that should completely rule out the interface and Logic settings.

• I see on your AMP settings screen shot that you r have Direct Mix set to 2.4. Could that be where you are adding the clean signal back in? Maybe try setting that back to 0?