Legends Tribute Collection III !

• I don't know if this is the right place for this post, but when this pack came out, I breezed through it and thought it had some very cool stuff. Then went back to my favorite profiles mostly in paid packs. Knowing now what I know about Kemper after several years of use, that you can take a pretty distorted profile and turn it into a nice spanky clean as well as take a fender twin and "turn" it into a metal amp,.. I'm seeing I don't need a gillion amps/packs to get what I want,I just need to tweek more to what I like now that I am understanding the amp controls and using the stack a bit. I have spent Approx. $130.00 in amp packs (I know there is MANY that have a much bigger investment) and after spending a bunch of time going through the Legends Tribute Pack III, I realized I could have any tone I wanted just tweeking that pack! I just think the grandeur of this pack is overlooked, playing with it a bunch tonight, I think you could give me a Kemper, teach me how to tweek, load it with this pack only and nothing else and I would be happier than I have been with all the vintage and boutique amps I've owned & played.

• I'm seeing I don't need a gillion amps/packs to get what I want,I just need to tweek more to what I like now that I am understanding the amp controls and using the stack a bit. I have spent Approx. $130.00 in amp packs (I know there is MANY that have a much bigger investment) and after spending a bunch of time going through the Legends Tribute Pack III, I realized I could have any tone I wanted just tweeking that pack! I just think the grandeur of this pack is overlooked, playing with it a bunch tonight, I think you could give me a Kemper, teach me how to tweek, load it with this pack only and nothing else and I would be happier than I have been with all the vintage and boutique amps I've owned & played.

I agree with you ! I only use few rigs. I just have to find a "creamy" one and a tweedy i appriciate now....

I've bought TJ rigs cause there was a price bargain. I like them cause it's easy and i have rigs that increase in Crunch/Gain.

Just had to put them in performances' slots.

At first, when i received my Stage, i liked TAF rigs (it's still the case ! ;) ).

I fall into Rig exchange trap for a short while. I wanted to try many rigs but have understand that i wasted time trying a lot of them....

I think that we should just concentrate ourselves on the amp we would like to use and eventually look for them on Rig exchange...

Rigs on hardware are already really good ! :thumbup::love:

Knowing now what I know about Kemper after several years of use, that you can take a pretty distorted profile and turn it into a nice spanky clean as well as take a fender twin and "turn" it into a metal amp,..

Many say that to use Profiler, you just have to browse Rigs and select the ones you like and tweak a little if needed.

What are you tips to go so far in turning rigs into others ?

• One year into the kemper rabbit hole here.

There’s 3 ways to use the kemper :

1 - Having all the great gear and make your own profiles

2- find a profiler that have you ear, the amp you want, the same use.

3 - take a profile you like and tweak it to death. And that’s a deep hole. Every little tweak of any parameters is important. Move one, need to adjust another.

The kemper can be really user friendly and plug and play unit but also a bug tweaking machine.

• Many say that to use Profiler, you just have to browse Rigs and select the ones you like and tweak a little if needed.

What are you tips to go so far in turning rigs into others ?

No big secrets really. What I did was read the manual, then watch the videos about the amp section and understand all of the controls,I don't usually need to change much here, but you should understand what's going on. To clean things up, simply turn back the gain knob. I think the Kemper rolls back with the gain knob every bit as good as a tube amp does and even though it changes the "snapshot" I just use my ear and I have yet to pick a rig that turning the gain down didn't clean it up nicely. And first before installing the seemingly mandatory studio eq in slots, just turn the amp knob controls, they're very powerful, you don't usually need much and IMO the frequencies chosen there are perfect for guitar. To gain UP, Either just turn the gain knob up a bit, use a pure booster, add a gain pedal or a combination of. I quit being concerned "where" my gain I need comes from (gain knob,boost, overdrive) and just use my ears and put together what I want. But actually, I never do any of this to the extremes, just a bit because normally I can just choose another profile that gets me more in the ballpark, but knowing I can change things drastically if needed. One example that comes to mind is the "Kobain" rig in one of the legends packs, it starts off with a (teen spirit?) clean sound (Silverface I think) then has a pedal that makes the whole thing punk out. There are just so many ways with the KPA, it can change with your tastes and moods.

• I do 85% #2 and 15% #3 I don't think it's hard to make your own great sounding profiles, when I did with some fairly simple gear, I got great results, but I'm lazy and it's easier to use whats there already and aside from having the pride that "I made this", I doubt I could make anything that much better than what I can find in any of the paid, legend packs or free packs.

• I agree with you ! I only use few rigs. I just have to find a "creamy" one and a tweedy i appriciate now....

Just for the heck of it tell me what you think of the Dan Gat (turn slap off but keep there for option) and the pet gre in the Ledgends III. If you need a bit of juice for the pet gre, turn the gain knob up a bit. I think that rig sounds wonderful.

• Just for the heck of it tell me what you think of the Dan Gat (turn slap off but keep there for option) and the pet gre in the Ledgends III. If you need a bit of juice for the pet gre, turn the gain knob up a bit. I think that rig sounds wonderful.

I haven't installed this pack yet into my Stage. But i'll give it a try.

Thanx for your advices too ;)

• I have spent Approx. $130.00 in amp packs (I know there is MANY that have a much bigger investment) and after spending a bunch of time going through the Legends Tribute Pack III, I realized I could have any tone I wanted just tweeking that pack!

I did this too during 2020, Mbritt a TJ had sells and I got the Grab-n-Go, Crank-n- Go and the 2020 pack from Mbritt and 10 to 12 amp packs from TJ, about $140 total. Around 950 profiles and I pulled 240 out and loaded them in my Kemper, I want to cut that down to 50 or less. In truth a dozen of the best profiles (to my taste) is more than I really need.

In the last week I've been going through the stock folders in Rig Manager and found profiles like Dimed Bassman, it's about my favorite right now lol...

I haven't looked at the exchange in ages but did a few days ago, found a .22 Caliber (or something close to that name) that I really liked, a couple of crunch and overdriven, a couple of really good lead and for fun a couple of rip your head off profiles. Out of the profiles I purchased it would be easy to pick a dozen and call it good and as you suggested tweak here and there to cover just about anything, but I could do the same thing with the profiles from the stock Rig Manager folders or Rig Exchange.

After five years of owning the Kemper I've realized that all the profile options available have hindered me somewhat, instead of settling on a handful and making them my "own sound" I keep chasing a never ending flow of options and miss out on the joy of just simply playing. The choices are by no means a bad thing for most people, but a person like me with a pretty good case of OCD it's a nightmare 8o

• I haven't installed this pack yet into my Stage. But i'll give it a try.

Thanx for your advices too ;)

I don't install, I just check 'em out on RM. If I think I'll use them live they go in the pool. I only have about 25 rigs there! I use that as the "storage" and Performances is where I have the things that I use and have tweeked. If I want to go back to the original I'll browse it.

• I did this too during 2020, Mbritt a TJ had sells and I got the Grab-n-Go, Crank-n- Go and the 2020 pack from Mbritt and 10 to 12 amp packs from TJ, about $140 total. Around 950 profiles and I pulled 240 out and loaded them in my Kemper, I want to cut that down to 50 or less. In truth a dozen of the best profiles (to my taste) is more than I really need.

In the last week I've been going through the stock folders in Rig Manager and found profiles like Dimed Bassman, it's about my favorite right now lol...

I haven't looked at the exchange in ages but did a few days ago, found a .22 Caliber (or something close to that name) that I really liked, a couple of crunch and overdriven, a couple of really good lead and for fun a couple of rip your head off profiles. Out of the profiles I purchased it would be easy to pick a dozen and call it good and as you suggested tweak here and there to cover just about anything, but I could do the same thing with the profiles from the stock Rig Manager folders or Rig Exchange.

After five years of owning the Kemper I've realized that all the profile options available have hindered me somewhat, instead of settling on a handful and making them my "own sound" I keep chasing a never ending flow of options and miss out on the joy of just simply playing. The choices are by no means a bad thing for most people, but a person like me with a pretty good case of OCD it's a nightmare 8o

Yes this exactly! The choices have been a hindrance to me somewhat too always looking for "greener grass". I used to buy an amp I sampled for a bit brought it home and made it work for me live usually by implementing a GCX and a rack effect. Things were good but there was always some compromise, maybe I didn't like the clean too much or not enough channels, shared EQ etc. The closest I got is with that and My ENGL, it had lots of options, dual masters that I could switch but that thing in a flight case was a beast. Now I have none of those limitations but lately have been thinking of the Kemper in a similar way as when I bought one amp and used it. I always think of wheresthedug telling me about the first time he took the Kemper out with 3 rigs and how well it went. I'm pretty sure I could do about any gig with 3-5 rigs given all the options (morph,pedals,gain boosts, FX).

• I always think of wheresthedug telling me about the first time he took the Kemper out with 3 rigs and how well it went. I'm pretty sure I could do about any gig with 3-5 rigs given all the options (morph,pedals,gain boosts, FX).

Totally agree, then I would need to try not to touch any effects! I end up doing the same thing with them that I do with profiles. When I played in bands many years ago I had a two channel amp with Reverb and Chorus on board and one stomp box, delay... and I didn't know I was missing anything lol!

• Totally agree, then I would need to try not to touch any effects! I end up doing the same thing with them that I do with profiles. When I played in bands many years ago I had a two channel amp with Reverb and Chorus on board and one stomp box, delay... and I didn't know I was missing anything lol!

I did the same thing with 2 ch rigs like this this... (this pic from around around 22 yrs ago) Yes the Kemper is a bit easier.