Is there any disadvantage running the guitar into the return instead of the input? (Stereo guitar question Mag/piezo)

• Reading this from the specs

Analog Inputs PROFILER Stage

INPUT:

¼ inch TS unbalanced, dynamic range >108 dB, impedance 1 megohms

RETURN 1-4:

¼ inch TRS balanced with ground lifts, dynamic range =105 dB, impedance 100 kohms

Reason I ask is this could make a workaround for my piezo equiped guitar.

I could use parallel path (which I can't do using the return input cause I can only use the same loop once)

Only issue I would be running my guitar into the return which has a different dynamic range/impedance (I'm using passive pickups)

Would this be an issue?

• Running the magnetic pickups into the return will likely cause a loss of high end due to the lower impedance. However, piezo normally have a preamp that is OK driving lower impedance inputs. i do sometimes run mag into front input and piezo into the loop using parallel path. It works well.

Thats the problem, I'd like to use the parallel path feature with the piezo but you can't use the loop return twice :(

If only the Cab or Stack block had a mix....

• I don't understand how you would be using the loop return twice

For the signal because I want to run a DI and also a profile of an EQ match to an acoustic (profile of a tone dexter or something of the like)

So for parallel path I have to run the return in both paths, the kemper won't let you do that. Another work around would be to have a mix setting of the stack/cab block.

• Sorry for being thick but I still don't follow that.

1 - You want to run a DI of the Piezo? What is happening to the Magnetic pickup at this point?

2 - the profile of the tone dexter is running along with the DI signal of the Piezo only? Or is the Magnetic pickup being used also?

3 - don't understand how the mix control in the AMp block would solve this.

The way I have mine set up is:

GTR - out 1 to front input for magnetic pickup + out 2 to loop return for piezo. Loop is load in Stomp A and parallel path is enabled.

My performance may contain a normal Rig for electric guitar in one slot. In this case the electric would get the Amp Block and the piezo would run simultaneously via the parallel path bypassing the amp block. Suitable for situations where I want to combine Piezo with a main Electric sound.

Another slot might contain no regular amp in the Amp block but a profile of an acoustic preamp or acoustic amp in the Amp block . In this case Loop would be turned off and I would only send the Piezo signal through the amp block. Suitable for Acoustic Only. If you really want to you could also use parallel path for an acoustic DI PLUS an acoustic amp/preamp profile but no electric amp.

What does your scenario do that I am missing?

• Say I use the input for mag

return for piezo

Piezo only path/profile

So what I would like to do is parallel path with the piezo.

One path I get the clean piezo DI signal

2nd path I can do a profile of a tone dexter or Acoustic IR and blend etc

A mix of the two I've found gives the best piezo sound (axe-fx, QC etc)

If I use the loop for the piezo signal I can only use the loop in one position so I can't use both paths.

The reason I want a mix on the Amp/stack block is I could do the same as a parallel path but without the loop limitation.

This would work as a parallel path in itself.

• OK. I see what you mean. Have you tried turning up the direct mix in the Amp Block?

Quote from From manual page 156

 Direct Mix

With “Direct Mix” you can open up a parallel path to the amplifier distortion and mix a clean portion of the guitar to the distorted sound. This will add some dynamics and attack to the sound, as well as adding some of the frequency content of the clean guitar. Traditionally, similar results were achieved by running the guitar through a clean and a distorted amplifier in parallel (“dual amping”) - now, it can be done with a twist of a knob. “Direct Mix” controls the volume of the clean portion.