Kemper Drive - help me get the sound in my head.

• I've tried and tried and just can't get close to the sound in my head when it comes to using the Kemper Drive. I guess I'm just not a fan of the Tube Screamer base tone.

I'm so reluctant to start using pedals to do what I want...they will...because I'm desperate to morph from low gain to high gain, so it's such a shame that I just can't get close to the sound in my head. It's just too congested and muddy, or too shrill and empty. It sounds like you've put some plastic sounding jangle over a perfectly clean amplifier.

• Update: I used the Mouse algorithm instead, much more aligned to my tastes.

Wishlist: I really wish the Kemper team would update the Mouse, Muffin and Dist+ algorithms to have a 3 band EQ and more useful parameters for fine tuning. Would be very useful. For example, the Plus DS has no tone control, which is a pain. And the Muff could benefit from some parameters that allow it to function like the many variants around...Ram's Head, Green Russian, Civil War, etc.

Feature request submitted:

Update Muffin, Mouse and Plus DS with more tweakable parameters, to make them more versatile

• If you need some tone control for the Plus DS, put a Treble Booster in front of it or even after it. Alternatively, you can use a Graphic EQ instead. I know they use up a block but it's what you can do right now.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.