Pedalboard suggestions

• Hi everyone

I have a powered toasted and picked up a stage for smaller gigs. I decided to go all in with kemper one night after rehearsal and sold my amp as it really is an incredible bit of kit.

Just wondering if it would be better (and safer, I want my kempers to last as long as possible) to make a mini pedal board to sit next to the stage, or get an all in one solution with the stage on a board. Trying to get my head around the cons of a massive pedal board, plus the weight aspect.

I only have 2 mini Dunlop expression pedals and 1 mxr talkbox.

What would the best thing be in my situation?

Thanks

David

• If you’re gigging, you need to consider real estate in front of you. Many venues don’t have the floor space to support even medium sized boards.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I’m sure the websites will have the weights listed. Another thing to consider is a hard case will add a considerable amount of weight over a soft case. What I did when I got my Pedalboard was I looked at the dimensions of the board and the pedals I had/wanted and sized it out, was pretty simple with a little searching and maths. I went with a pedaltrain, but there are a lot of options.

• Thanks, I did look at that site and a few others, can't quite get an idea if it'll be too heavy or bulky. Perhaps I'll try the talkbox profile and sell the MXR

Tubular/sheet steel does not weigh much. Aluminum is even much less. As for being bulky - that is subjective.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I made My pedal board out of light weight plywood, mine is kind of long because I also use a Roland GR55, but boarditself, with protective sides, weighs practically nothing

I did the same thing. It holds The Remote, a Rocktron Banshee talk box, a One 6 wireless, and an A/B A+B switch box to rout the guitar signal to the Kemper and/or the talk box. Mine has a lid to protect everything.

As an aside - I put the two talk box Rigs on the Rig Exchange after I made them to use as a back up for my Banshee. One is controlled by an expression pedal, and the other is controlled by playing dynamics (and may need to be adjusted your guitar and touch). They both work well for me, but, I use the talk box for the visual impact.

• Good points there, I'm going to have a think. I am gigging again in July, have a feeling it's going to be the stage + 1 exp in a case, and mini board with other pedals.

Thanks for the replies

• I just fitted my Stage + EP1 on a Temple Duo 24 (with flight case) and it was the easiest thing of the world: screw off all foots, put them back through the small holes on the board, finish. A Temple Duo 34 could fit your needs. It should even have room for a wireless unit.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

Edited once, last by Kellerblues ().

• I just fitted my Stage + EP1 on a Temple Duo 24 (with flight case) and it was the easiest thing of the world: screw off all foots, put them back through the small holes on the board, finish. A Temple Duo 34 could fit your needs. It should even have room for a wireless unit.

Great idea - mounting mine tonight and was wondering plates versus other options ;)

• Great idea - mounting mine tonight and was wondering plates versus other options ;)

The only thing I had to change was 1 of the upper screws for the Stage: the hole was the only one not aligning 100%, so I took a thinner screw in the same lenght at that did the Job. For the EP1 I took the rubber foots away and used only the screws.

• Still waiting for the IEC mini module and the MOD x4 in order to get the connections on the sides (and avoid damage risks on the Stage if a Jack gets bumped)

• Just for reference for you guys this is a Rockboard Quad 4.2. Looks like it overhangs the edges but that is an illusion. There is about 1.5cm each side and the pedal and Stage could be a lot closer together.

I also have a smaller Rockboard with a Polytune3 and a Cali76 Stacked before the input and a Revival Drive Compact and J Rockett APE in loop 1 and a BOSS GT1000 Core in the stereo loop. (currently).

Edited 2 times, last by Eddiebaby: Accuracy. ().

• I used a Thomann Thon case that was made for the line 6 FBV controller. Fits perfect for Stage and 2 missions ...

Its on the heavy side, but due to the handle easy to carry and sturdy as hell

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I went for the Pedaltrain JR max and fits perfectly. Thanks for the suggestions, everything I need!

I like the small form factor of your Dunlop expression pedal, never been a wah user but would like to use volume and especially morph. Haven't paid much attention to expression pedals to be honest so I'm not up to speed on what's available, do these work well for the above mentioned purposes?

• Just for reference for you guys this is a Rockboard Quad 4.2. Looks like it overhangs the edges but that is an illusion. There is about 1.5cm each side and the pedal and Stage could be a lot closer together.

I also have a smaller Rockboard with a Polytune3 and a Cali76 Stacked before the input and a Revival Drive Compact and J Rockett APE in loop 1 and a BOSS GT1000 Core in the stereo loop. (currently).

Rock boards are the best. I love mine.