Midi hub recommendations for Kemper?

• I'm starting out on a MIDI pedal adventure and I've read that the Kemper can send up to two MIDI messages per performance.

I currently have 5 midi pedals (whammy, source audio reflex expression pedal, Morningstar ML5, Timeline and Big Sky), and could be tempted to acquire more... I would like to change to different presets on multiple pedals by changing performances. I'm sure I could do this through a computer, but on the rare occasion I might play live, I would hate to have to reconfigure my rigs, so I'm looking for an on the pedalboard answer.

To trigger more than 2 changes, I understand I would need some kind of midi hub/midi interface that can receive a PC message from the Kemper, then send out multiple simultaneous pc/cc messages on different channels.

When it comes to which one, I think I need some help.

Would the Strymon Conduit work?

https://www.strymon.net/product/conduit/

I was looking at getting the Blackstar Live Logic, the footswitches are maybe redundant to me, the main draw is that it has software to program all the midi messages, this whole enterprise is to stop bending down! But I can't see that you can program simultaneous messages.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/bl…CUGAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Any suggestions? Is there a workaround or a cheaper option? I'm UK based, so shipping & taxes make some boutique answers unfeasible, but any suggestions might help others with the same question. Also, how is the latency when doing this sort of thing?

Thank you.

• I don't understand the intend behind sending MIDI from PROFILER into that expression pedal. As far as I understand, the pedal doesn't receive any MIDI, but is able to send MIDI control changes itself.

If you intend to control the PROFILER via expression pedal, this is a completely unrelated topic. Normally a standard expression pedal (without MIDI capabilities) is sufficient.

• The expression pedal can manipulate parameters on the big sky and timeline in weird and wonderful ways... also the whammy, If I wanted a single pedal to manipulate them all. I have a separate TRS cable going from the remote to the expression pedal for wah etc. It has a midi in, so I don't see why I couldn't change the expression preset from a midi message.

Edited once, last by Waxwing ().

• Conduit will do exactly what you are seeking, with the option of having a USB-MIDI interface with a computer.

Kemper MIDI Out > Conduit MIDI In.

Conduit MIDI Out to daisy chained downstream MIDI devices, have the devices you want to respond set to same MIDI channel as Kemper is sending PCs out.

MIDI Solutions also makes a 1-in/4-out MIDI splitter.

• Thanks alltheusernamesweretaken, it's good to know that is an option, after doing some research I have my heart set on a Morningstar MC8. Probably the most expensive option, but with the amount of pc and cc changes I want to program, having the option to edit via software (that is supported and frequently updated) is the ideal workflow, and being able to switch parameters without changes the Kemper rig via the mc8's switches gives me the most options.

• Thanks alltheusernamesweretaken, it's good to know that is an option, after doing some research I have my heart set on a Morningstar MC8. Probably the most expensive option, but with the amount of pc and cc changes I want to program, having the option to edit via software (that is supported and frequently updated) is the ideal workflow, and being able to switch parameters without changes the Kemper rig via the mc8's switches gives me the most options.

MC8 is also a solid option.