Powered Kemper Kabinet

• i have my powered kabinet 1 year now and think i will sale it, cause it doesn't work for my Coverband. My Yamaha dxr10 does the job better with more balls.

Reason 1: the sound is harsh without enough bottom end. Tried all possible Options in frfr and with the speaker imprints.

It sounds thin and weak and too harsh.

Reason 2: if i change my angle to the speaker or the Position on the stage, the sound get lost.

I m so sorry that i will sell it, but my expectations were not fulfills.

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• i have my powered kabinet 1 year now and think i will sale it, cause it doesn't work for my Coverband. My Yamaha dxr10 does the job better with more balls.

Reason 1: the sound is harsh without enough bottom end. Tried all possible Options in frfr and with the speaker imprints.

Reason 2: if i change my angle to the speaker or the Position on the stage, the sound get lost.

Interesting, as I found the opposite.

• yeah it's sad but true. So many possibility in the settings, but in the end, it's a no brainer for me. Tried it in different rehearsal, we play rock cover like guns n roses, rhcp etc.

I was so exhausted as i get it, but to keep it and not use it anymore it's too expensive to collect dust.

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• yeah it's sad but true. So many possibility in the settings, but in the end, it's a no brainer for me. Tried it in different rehearsal, we play rock cover like guns n roses, rhcp etc.

I was so exhausted as i get it, but to keep it and not use it anymore it's too expensive to collect dust.

Yeah you have to change settings whenever you change Monitors.

I play 80's hair metal covers and I'm in a tribute to the The Cult so similar sounds....

• How long did it take from when you placed your order to when you received it? I have not received a confirmation email from Kemper even though Paypal says it went through. Chalk it up to holiday weekend in the US I guess...

I feel the same. I tried it but I also went back to the DXR10 because of precisely what you write. With the DXR pointed up to my head, I can always hear myself clearly. This was not true for the Kemper Kabinet.

• for the dxr10 user try following settings in monitor output menu:

Bass +5

Middle +2

Treble - 2

Presence -2,5

Kone setting on without imprint

Bass boost off

Tried too get the Original profile sound from my studio monitors and headphones.

Tell me your experience.

• I tweaked my toaster and stage differently. Toaster stays at home for playing over studio monitors, stage is always packed for playing in band over DXR10. The home sound and band sound are very different. They don't have to match.

I must say, once I like the sound I stop tweaking and start playing.

So it probably could be better but since I love the sound coming out it's good enough.

In my opinion time spent with exercises to improve playing pays off more in the end than time spent tweaking an already (very) nice sound.

Same with buying guitars. At some point the guitar is sufficiently good, the benefit of an even nicer guitar is small (it took me about 5 guitars to get there, and 5 more to realize there wasn't that much to gain anymore.) The guitar is no longer the bottleneck, I am!

• In my opinion time spent with exercises to improve playing pays off more in the end than time spent tweaking an already (very) nice sound.

Same with buying guitars. At some point the guitar is sufficiently good, the benefit of an even nicer guitar is small (it took me about 5 guitars to get there, and 5 more to realize there wasn't that much to gain anymore.) The guitar is no longer the bottleneck, I am!

Very well said 👏

It can be difficult to get beyond the "gadget man" with "all the gear and no idea" stage but time spent playing and practicing new things will always be well spent.

I s aw a great quote from the legendary violinist Yehudi Menuhin recently which said something along the line s of : There are no difficult pieces of music. Only impossible and easy. The process by which we move from the first to the second is called practice.