How could this happen? Dust on LCD

• Hello there!

This past weekend I've gigged for 4 shows using the Kemper Stager and now I took it out of his bag and this is what I've found:

As you can see, since I've own it I didn't remove the film protector but the funny thing is that THAT dust is between the plastic screen (the one where the film protector is sticked) and the actual screen beneath it. I know this because the plastic screen has some move around the frame and the dust moves with it and -of course- because I didn't remove never ever the film protector.

Someone has experienced this? I don't want to disassemble the Kemper Stage just for that but... any thoughts?

Thank you,

Javi.

• javi garcia guitar It seems that a hair has gotten into the Profiler. I see a similar one on the housing of the Profiler, i assume you have a cat?

Please note that the housing of your Profiler is not hermetically sealed and that dust or hair can enter through the venting holes or other gaps.

Please open a support ticket in case you need further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact

• HELL-G I have a dog! Okay.. that makes sense... I get that the Kemper is not hermetic, but it's strange for the screen to not be hermetically sealed, just the screen from the outside seals all the way to the back of the LCD, because you could imagine that this could happen, and for now I can see the screen okay, but imagine if this happened several times... 😅 And my room is pretty clean from dust.. Any recommendation on opening the case to clean it? Somebody done it?

BayouTexan that makes sense too, but the not-sealed screen doesn't, from a designing point of view it's strange!

• Nothing strange about dust. I live in a relatively low humid climate and freaking dust gets everywhere! You have to dust the furniture in the house daily - which is just not possible. You open up the front door to walk outside and about 2lbs of dust gets dumped into the house. My wife loves to keep the damn doors open too long. LOL.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have an air compressor with a dryer in the line to blow out all my electrical gear. I take my stuff out to the garage and blow them out in a ritual I do about 4 times per year. You would be amazed at how much dust accumulates inside a computer case that's tucked inside a desk when the fans are directed to blow out.

I use like a pencil to hold the fan blades still while I spray the air inside until no more dust comes out of the crevasses. No reason to open anything up.

A whole-house humidifier would help to cut down or trap dust but is $$$.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Compressed air might help , but might as well make it worse,

with more dust swirling around inside and stick to the inside

of the plastic (static ? ) screen :/

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• BayouTexan 😂😂😂 yeah, dust is dust, but the complaint is about the non-sealed screen, or at least some easy way to clean it without voiding my warranty... Because I assume that if I open it for cleaning the screen, warranty will be void, right HELL-G ?

javi garcia guitar correct, opening the unit will void the warranty. Pet hair and dust are electrostatic and thus tend to get almost everywhere.

We do not have many complaints regarding dust behind the screen, though. So I take this as bad luck. Please open a support ticket if you want to have it fixed. Thank you.

• Just checking... did you say it's between the film protector and the screen? I could be wrong, but isn't that film protector designed to be temporary, and removed after acquiring it? I may have misunderstood.

I have a screen guard on both my remote and my Stage, but it's a non-Kemper product, just to protect against accidental damage, such as dropped items (not dust, of course, though they do seem dust-free). However I'm pretty sure I removed the film if it had one on both, pretty early on. I've had the remote since 2017, I think...

Kemper Powered Head / Stage / Powered Kabinet

• HELL-G Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not common... But well, Hoki Toki is also right, it may be worse. For now I'm seeing okay the screen although it's a little frustrating to see that dust. Maybe it's a good thing to keep in mind for future Kemper designs 🙂

The LC display and the screen are two separate parts. The gap between both is very small, but there is a gap. We don't glue those two parts together as some mobile phone manufacturers do. In part, this is because the way we build our products is a bit different. But also because we want customers located in a remote corner of this planet to be able to e.g. replace the screen if there's absolutely no option for a professional service.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here