LED indication of clipping all along the signal chain

• Being that it's possible to clip in any part of the signal chain, I'm wondering if it would be possible to have some sort of indication... like maybe the LED of that section gets brighter or blinks when it goes into clipping.

• I don't know if it's possible to "clip" throughout the signal chain. After all, overdriving the simulated tubes is what it's all about, right? ?(

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I don't know if it's possible to "clip" throughout the signal chain. After all, overdriving the simulated tubes is what it's all about, right? ?(

I used to believe this until I got some very nasty clipping from my KPA without apparent reason... the problem is still there as of today, and will hopefully get fixed in the next FW.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• I would love CK's input on this one. I was under the impression that clipping was only at the preamp and output amp portions...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I used to believe this until I got some very nasty clipping from my KPA without apparent reason... the problem is still there as of today, and will hopefully get fixed in the next FW.

No cipping possible in the signal chain.
    If you have a rig that does something weird, post it, and we'll look after.
    Maybe check some obvious settings by yourself first.

• No cipping possible in the signal chain.
    If you have a rig that does something weird, post it, and we'll look after.
    Maybe check some obvious settings by yourself first.

I already posted it to support some time ago, hopefully you'll be able to work out what's wrong sooner or later.

• We have not found any support requests or rigs that you have sent to our support.
    Did you contact the support by the same email address that you are registered with?

Let me explain how the internal levels are set:
    On any rig, if Rig Volume and Cap Volume and any other volume is set to middle position, it should not be possible to have the Output LED red, while the Input LED is still green or slightly orange.
    If you have a rig, that does not fulfill these conditions, then send it to us.
    If the Input LED gets red however, you should reduce Clean Sense in the Input Menu.

• We have not found any support requests or rigs that you have sent to our support.
    Did you contact the support by the same email address that you are registered with?

Let me explain how the internal levels are set:
    On any rig, if Rig Volume and Cap Volume and any other volume is set to middle position, it should not be possible to have the Output LED red, while the Input LED is still green or slightly orange.
    If you have a rig, that does not fulfill these conditions, then send it to us.
    If the Input LED gets red however, you should reduce Clean Sense in the Input Menu.

I think so, yes, the same e-mail address.
    However, after talking to him on the phone, I've mailed Manfred personally about this issue, not the support, so he should have the rig and info.

• For some reason I can't quote... but anyways...
    Sure thing I checked them, sir. With everything set to zero I still get the occasional clipping with the Output led going red.
    Also, what I've figured out is the fact that the higher output pickups I feed this rig (even with the Clean Sens setup correctly), the more frequently I get the clipping.

• For some reason I can't quote... but anyways...
    Sure thing I checked them, sir. With everything set to zero I still get the occasional clipping with the Output led going red.
    Also, what I've figured out is the fact that the higher output pickups I feed this rig (even with the Clean Sens setup correctly), the more frequently I get the clipping.

How do you setup Clean Sense correctly?
    Do you get a red input lled as well?

• How do you setup Clean Sense correctly?
    Do you get a red input lled as well?

Yes, occasionally a little flash of the red led, but only when I strum really hard. Could this be the culprit? Should Clean Sense be set that the red led doesn't flash AT ALL?

• No, if you don't mind that the Ouput Led goes red at this very moment. :)

:rolleyes: I get it.
    I thought the input was a little less sensitive, but then I stand corrected. Will try tomorrow and see if the problem goes away, which hopefully will. Thank you for the enlightment!