Volume peak in effects loop

• Hi

I have Stage and use also two overdrives in one of the effect loops.

I balance the volume from each overdrive to be same or slightly higher when engaged.

When I step on the effect button for the loop, on the Stage the volume jumps shortly and then sets down to the right volume.

Is that normal?

Is there a way around this?

Mike//Sweden

• Hi

The problem with a short volume peak when activating an effect loop was not solved.

I contacted support and now it is solved,

In the OUTPUT section (in RM or in the Kemper) set the ”SEND 1 OUTPUT” to OFF.

If it is grey you can not change it. Then you first have to delete avtive effects blocks.

Now it works perfectly

• no need to delete active effect blocks. Simply deactivate the stomp with the fx loop in it temporarily and change the output source for Send 1 to "off" and then activate the stomp again.

• Hi

The problem with a short volume peak when activating an effect loop was not solved.

I contacted support and now it is solved,

In the OUTPUT section (in RM or in the Kemper) set the ”SEND 1 OUTPUT” to OFF.

If it is grey you can not change it. Then you first have to delete avtive effects blocks.

Now it works perfectly

• you apparently do not understand the difference between deleting and deactivating. The Send 1 settings can be changed as soon as no FX loop is active in the currently loaded rig. This can be achieved by either deactivating the FX loop or by deleting it. Deactivating takes a single push of the corresponding Stomp button.

• you apparently do not understand the difference between deleting and deactivating. The Send 1 settings can be changed as soon as no FX loop is active in the currently loaded rig. This can be achieved by either deactivating the FX loop or by deleting it. Deactivating takes a single push of the corresponding Stomp button.

You, you don't understand the trouble and your procedure isn't the solution:

when you put a fx (strymon timeline in my case) in mono/stereo loop and the kemper in performance mode ( more easy to test), when you go from one rig to another, both using the stereo loop,it regularly happens that the volume greatly increases for 1/2 sec.

the solution is to constantly lock the stereo loop.

why a sudden increase in volume?

it seems that during the change of rig (without lock) the kemper cuts the loop, passes on the other rig and activates the loop. In this operation, it acts as if it read the rig 2 times: the normal rig and the sound rig passers-by in the loop before receiving the sound from the external effect.

• Trust me I know exactly what the issue is and have helped multiple customers who reported the issue including the one who started this thread. Simply setting the output source to off fixes the issue permanently. No need to lock anything. Have you tried it?

• Trust me I know exactly what the issue is and have helped multiple customers who reported the issue including the one who started this thread. Simply setting the output source to off fixes the issue permanently. No need to lock anything. Have you tried it?

I've been trying for 7 years now with my rack ! ... when going from a rig without stereo loop to a rig with the stereo loop activated, the volume increases temporarily. Except if you lock the stereo loop.

same between 2 rigs using the stereo loop...
    (and yes, into my output source, i see " Direct output used for effect loop")

• as I already wrote in one of my earlier replies: to change the output source of the direct out you need to temporarily deactivate the fx loop. Set the output source to off and you will find that the bump is gone and you do not need to lock the FX.

• as I already wrote in one of my earlier replies: to change the output source of the direct out you need to temporarily deactivate the fx loop. Set the output source to off and you will find that the bump is gone and you do not need to lock the FX.

Hi, sorry for the long delay (hollydays).

So, i've check my output setting and direct out is off, like you say. And you 've right, there is no volume drop. I don't know since when but i can say that my setting is the same since very long time and the i had bad behaviour until o.s. 7.3 (the last time than i've changing my "lock" to see the behaviour of the loop fx)

After a lot of test : BUGS ! ! !
    (last o.s.)

when i change a rig (with no stereo loop) to a rig with stereo loop, i ve got artefact (+/-0,5 sec). I can clearly listen that when i go from a hi-gain rig to a clean rig.

If i lock the stereo loop : no artefact.
    If a change a rig with stereo loop to an other with stereo loop, no artefact.
    It's a Strymon timeline (controlling via midi, not the same #cc from a rig to another).

i,ve just find this today with my headphone.

• what is the output source setting for the direct out?

• question: why when i save an "output preset", it doesn,' save the volume setting?

Unfortunately, Kemper believe that saving output volume as part of a preset could be dangerous so don't allow it. This makes output presets almost useless for me. I keep hoping that they will change their minds though and add this option.