Help me with dual stereo effects loops? [STAGE]

• Hey.

So, i've been happily using one stereo effects loop with delay and reverb pedals. But, i've just acquired an Eventide H9 and i'd like to use the H9 in a separate stereo loop, so that i can put it Either before or after the amp block, depending on the type of effect i have it set on.

So, i have mono Send going into a Boss DD-200, which feeds a UA Golden Reverberator in stereo for the loop i've been using.

And now i have the second mono Send feeding the H9, and returning stereo to the Kemper.

In Rig Manager, it seems the H9's loop is only in stereo when the DD-200/Golden loop is OFF. When they're both on, the H9's loop works only in mono.

• The SENDs are mono and therefor perform a mono mix even if the modules ealier in the signal chain are stereo.

Huh? I get that the send is mono—it’s only one TS cable—but are you saying that my one effects loop is stereo, but then when I add a second loop, hoping to also be stereo, that second loop is being given only a mono feed and the two loops are then working through each other? I thought the point of two stereo loops wouod be for them to be independent and reaching the Kemper separately.

Bottom line—there is no way to have two independent stereo loops on at the same time?

• You can arrange cabling for two loops mono out and stereo in.

You can switch these on and off independently and use one or both at a time.

However, as you cannot feed a stereo signal through a mono cable, if you put both loops in series and activate both, the second loop send will merge the signal into mono. Otherwise a stereo send would be required. But if the two sends of the Stage had this capability to act as a stereo send, other sends would be lacking for a second loop as there are only SEND 1 and 2.

If you don't want to put both loops strictly in series, you could either play with the Mix parameter of the second loop or you put the two loops in the modules DLY and REV and try with the parameter DLY+REV Routing set to -100%.

• You can arrange cabling for two loops mono out and stereo in.

You can switch these on and off independently and use one or both at a time.

However, as you cannot feed a stereo signal through a mono cable, if you put both loops in series and activate both, the second loop send will merge the signal into mono. Otherwise a stereo send would be required. But if the two sends of the Stage had this capability to act as a stereo send, other sends would be lacking for a second loop as there are only SEND 1 and 2.

If you don't want to put both loops strictly in series, you could either play with the Mix parameter of the second loop or you put the two loops in the modules DLY and REV and try with the parameter DLY+REV Routing set to -100%.

Thanks, Burkhard.

I only partially understand this, though.

Okay, so if putting the two loops in Serial 'cancels out the Stereo' in one of those loops, is there a way to not have them in serial? Which would be, what, parallel?

And experimenting with the DLY+REV routing, is that a 'workaround' to simulate parallel? I'm assuming i lose something from both loops in doing this, correct? I'll try it, but it just sounds like a compromise.

Thanks again for the education.

• And experimenting with the DLY+REV routing, is that a 'workaround' to simulate parallel? I'm assuming i lose something from both loops in doing this, correct? I

Delay and Reverb are the only two blocks that can be configured in parallel or series (or any blend in between the two extremes). It doesn't "simulate" parallel but rather creates a parallel relationship between those two blocks.