Come Away - a singable pop instrumental

• A member of a guitar forum wrote he thought my melodies sounded "constructed". So I started thinking about writing simpler melodies that you can sing, so this is the first tune with this in mind and I call them "singable instrumentals".

Guitar is a James Tyler Studio Elite.

Clean sound is a Fractal Audio FM3.

Lead sounds are the Kemper.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• WTF is "Constructed"? How else do you write a song, or build a house, paint a picture, or ask a girl out on a date? Sometimes the song flows out of your fingers naturally and sometimes you take bit and pieces of one to put into another. It's not magic done by a wand, but we strive to make it sound that way.

Sounds good Mats no matter what they say. :)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Well done Mats_Nermark ! I think every song is “constructed” so I’m not sure what they meant, I wouldn’t worry about it unless they can be more articulate in explaining what they meant by it.

This sounds great, very polished as always. Great legato playing.

• Fractal ! Blasphemy ;)

I can't help hearing Michael Mc Donald vocals on top , great vibe Mats !

Hey Waraba,

The Michael McDonald reference is a good catch and he was definitely in my head when I wrote this one. So much that the next one is even more so.

Cheers,

Mats N

• WTF is "Constructed"? How else do you write a song, or build a house, paint a picture, or ask a girl out on a date? Sometimes the song flows out of your fingers naturally and sometimes you take bit and pieces of one to put into another. It's not magic done by a wand, but we strive to make it sound that way.

Sounds good Mats no matter what they say. :)

Thank, BT!

Cheers,

Mats N

• Well done Mats_Nermark ! I think every song is “constructed” so I’m not sure what they meant, I wouldn’t worry about it unless they can be more articulate in explaining what they meant by it.

This sounds great, very polished as always. Great legato playing.

Thanks, Per!

I used to worry a lot about what people thought about my music. When I accepted the fact that I will never make a living as a composer or a guitar player, then the worry disappeared. Now I just write what I like and that's that.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi Mats,

I can't understand the criticism either. Every song is somehow constructed already, if you stick to a song scheme alone.

This again is a nice tune. :thumbup:

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112