Kabinet quality

• I feel like this topic has to have been discussed, but what are peoples thoughts on the actual Kemper built cabinet that comes with the kone… Personally having a freakin blast with everything and thinking of going the dual Kab idea for stereo. So I’m very curious what people think the quality of the Kabinet vs maybe have a Kone installed into a more ‘legit’ cabinet. I feel like originally reviews painted the cabinet as just an affordable option offered to have the kone speaker rigged up with.

Any who has the Kone speaker plugged into a Marshall or Messa cab? whatever cab vs the standard Kabinet and is it really worth the approach? Or should I just keep it simple and stick with the original Kab that comes along?

• Was the cost of the clone that much less than just buying another official one? Genuinely curious.

EDIT: I see you bought a Kone at the same time, makes more sense now. Still wondering how much the build cost

• Was the cost of the clone that much less than just buying another official one? Genuinely curious.

EDIT: I see you bought a Kone at the same time, makes more sense now. Still wondering how much the build cost

Here in Canada the prices for Kabinet are/were fairly high. I originally bought the Kone thinking I could put it in my Xitone MBritt powered cab, but realized before it got here that it wouldn't work for that built-in amp.

So I found the local maker (not having the skills myself.

At the time I think the Kabinet was about $800 CAD, and the Klone including Kone worked out to about $740.

So... worth it? Sure, even for just the novelty. It sounds exactly the same and can be used as stereo pair no worries.