Kemper Power Kabinet, clicking noise while off

• Hi All,

I've reached out to support and not heard anything yet, so just wanted to describe an issue I'm facing and see if anyone else has run into it.

I bought a Kemper Power Kabinet about a month ago, have used it in my studio a couple times. A couple weeks ago I was reading while sitting nearby and heard a noise, like a tick-tock roughly every second or so. At first I thought it was a laptop brick, but eventually I narrowed it down to the Kabinet (which was off, and had been for a day+). It goes away when I unplug or power it on and was audible from close by.

A week or two later it has changed to a faster tick-tick-tick (still while plugged in and off) at about 190bpm, it's also audible from a few meters away even when my hvac is on (44dB white noise), This can't be normal, right?

I suppose since I haven't heard anything I'll simply ask for a refund...

• Did you try plugging it in to another outlet in another home to rule out RF and Electrical interference? With the cord totally unplugged from the Kabinet, the only thing that can be causing it to make a sound would be a charged capacitor -- and they drain over time not get stronger when not plugged in unless it has batteries.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• There is no ticket in our system from the email address that you used to create your account. That would explain why you have not received any response. Our support team normally responds within 24 hours to tickets that come in between Monday and Thursday. Please try again to contact us.

• Hi, Thanks for the replies. I followed up with support who did get back to me - I use a somewhat oddball system of emails, so no worries regarding the delay.

I was able to test it out on an entirely different power system (A Victron 5kVA inverter running off a DC supply, inside a Sprinter van away from most other electronics/interference) and the noise is still there.

I'll attach the most recent clip I sent here in case folks are curious (recompressed to a pretty low quality to get under the 1MB limit) -- the video starts dark because the phone is pressed against the back of the cab to make sure it picks up the noise. There is a thud around 9 seconds when I pull it away and you can see the Kab has no signal cable, and is powered off (and get a sense of background noise). The rhythm of the clicking changes from time to time, I agree it sounds like a capacitor issue but perhaps there is some sort of filtering on the input pre-power-switch that is oscillating somehow?