Toggle/modify volume compensation to let drives be used as rig volume boosts

• Drives in front of the stack cannot raise rig volume, i.e. for a lead boost, regardless of clean/dist sens settings.

This is counter to how boost pedals behave in front of amps.

There is some suggestion from Christoph that the volume compensation used to tame level changes from rig to rig is also affecting pre-stack drives. (link below)

If this could be modified, it would allow pre-stack drives to be used as something other than flavors of gain.

It seems an awful shame to waste morph function as a lead volume boost when a drive/boost in front should be able to do the trick.

Boost in X slot is also a poor solution.

[Public Beta] PROFILER OS 8.0.0.21450

• I agree, a « normal » behavior would be very great.
    for the moment the solutions are morphing with raising amp volum or rig volume, sacrifice X slot for boost or eq just for that.

It is also a problem for me, maybe it’s the normal behavior but I’m used to plays with Hss or hs pickups configurations. With an amp the Humbuckers gives a boost in volume and impact to the tone. With the kemper it just gives more gain and compression…

• KPA is literally the only guitar-related device, analog or digital, value priced or expensive, that takes this approach to boosts/drives in front of amps.

Give the ability for drives/boosts to be volume boosts (like the other 99.9%), and KPA becomes unbeatable.

When you consider that right now drives/boosts in front can lower rig volume but not raise it, you see how unnatural this behavior is.

• Are you referring to pedals in front of a clean/crunch-profile? There it works ok for me. With saturated profiles not so much of a difference. Due to the KPA being a digital unit the point of getting digital clipping is closer with such option.

But u are right, an integration did not happen since 2020… would be interesting to get to know the priorities of Kemper as e.g. drives/fuzzes got so much attention and I have to admit - although this is the topic of the thread - I was not keen on that options. I would rather go for better mod-/tremolo effects.

Considering your post I remember a boost pedal in front of an Mark DV40 and it was terrifying how good it sounded. Surely louder but also richer in tone and feel and an amazing gain structure. Therefore if this is the issue you point at I would surely love it. But so far I understood that Kemper is not really able to add such complex tonal addition to an existing profile.

• I currently use a Mouse on a clean profile to add a extreme synth style distortion. Definitely boosts my volume. But yes, most other drives don't do nearly as much as a normal drive and amp would do.

• Are you referring to pedals in front of a clean/crunch-profile? There it works ok for me. With saturated profiles not so much of a difference. Due to the KPA being a digital unit the point of getting digital clipping is closer with such option.

But u are right, an integration did not happen since 2020… would be interesting to get to know the priorities of Kemper as e.g. drives/fuzzes got so much attention and I have to admit - although this is the topic of the thread - I was not keen on that options. I would rather go for better mod-/tremolo effects.

Stefan,

I am referring to the built-in Kemper drives/boosts and their behavior in front of the profile stack.