Naming rigs that you “save to pool” from a performance?

• You Export Rig to Pool first, then load that Rig in Browser Mode, open Rig Settings, Rig Tags and edit Rig Name, then store

Or you open Rig Settings while in Performance Mode, edit Rig Name and Export Rig to Pool afterwards. You can do that without or with storing the Performance to make the name change also permanent in Performance Mode.

• Ok yes thanks for the answer. I should have asked a bit more thorough.

The rigs in the performances are rigs from the pool, and i’ve tweaked them in performance mode. So if i save to pool, then i will have two rigs with the same name. To avoid this i wanted to be able to “save to pool under a new name”.

I guess the workaround would be to rename the slot/rig in rig manager, and then save to pool. But i hardly ever connect to rig manager i must admit.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• I think, I gave the answer, how to do it without Rig Manager above or what is missing?

Approach two is your export to pool under a different name: You edit the Rig Name first and export it then. If you store the Performance with the new edited name as well, you keep even naming consistency between the edited Rig in the Performance and its exported copy in the browse pool.

• Or if the Kemper just didn't allow multiple rigs with same name. When saving back to the pool the KPA should detect an existing rig say Rig A and ask whether to overwrite or create new rig which would automatically be named Rig A (1) with the option to rename before hitting save .

I know, that is your favorite solution for world hunger.

I suggested the logical approach above. Please don't ignore it. With your suggestion the exported version would carry another name while the source in the Performance would still have the old name and therefor reference to the former original.

• I know, that is your favorite solution for world hunger.

Just call me Bob Geldof 🤣

Curing world hunger is a worthy goal to aspire to 👍

I suggested the logical approach above. Please don't ignore it. With your suggestion the exported version would carry another name while the source in the Performance would still have the old name and therefor reference to the former original.

I can see how your two methods work but they seem more convoluted than just implementing normal saving conventions.

When using the first option, you need to locate the exported rig to load it and edit tags. However, there can be multiple rigs with the same name so the user needs to find the correct one first. This requires checking the name AND date field.

With the second option without saving the renamed version in the performance you basically have the same solution as I proposed but with more steps and more room for error.

• I also might not always want to change the rig name in the performance, just to be able to give it a unique name when saving to pool.

But alas, i will have to do that. DonPetersen was just writing in another thread about “naming hygeine”, in order to know exactly what you have on your unit. But this limitation of not having a “save as” when storing to pool, does make it harder.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• I also might not always want to change the rig name in the performance, just to be able to give it a unique name when saving to pool.

But alas, i will have to do that. DonPetersen was just writing in another thread about “naming hygeine”, in order to know exactly what you have on your unit. But this limitation of not having a “save as” when storing to pool, does make it harder.

Agreed.

The current situation is not impossible but is unnecessarily difficult.

• I know, that is your favorite solution for world hunger.

What about an « option » for those like me who likes simple and more common things?

Performance mode : press rig -> press export to browse library -> save as

?

That’s exactly how files are saved on a computer since … a long time.

Exactly the same as but easier no?

You Export Rig to Pool first, then load that Rig in Browser Mode, open Rig Settings, Rig Tags and edit Rig Name, then store

• I gave up on trying to convince them of this concept... a long time ago. Kemper is great about a lot of things, but you might as well argue with a rock when it comes to a simple concept like this.

• I gave up on trying to convince them of this concept... a long time ago. Kemper is great about a lot of things, but you might as well argue with a rock when it comes to a simple concept like this.

Agreed. The team at Kemper are fantastic and do amazing work constantly improving the KPA and looking after customers. However, there are a few things about the workflow that are so fundamentally bonkers they defy belief on the plus side, saving is so frustrating that I play more than I might otherwise as I just don't bother editing stuff 😆