Good sounding rigs for Dimarzio Super Distortion

• Any mid to high gain profile works for me but I usually have to dial back the gain a bit or use a negative Pure Booster in front to subtract some.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Definition is the most powerful tool to adjust Rigs for your pickups.

Since the SD has been around forever I'd try values around 5 first, since the more modern tone shaping (higher values) wasn't really avalable back then.

The SD was made to give amps a good kick, like a TS.

• I find the definition to act more like a Presence effect. I have the SD Distortion pup and it works great on the high gain profiles. Rarely do I ever adjust the Distortion Sens off of zero. The Dimarzio SD should work similar to the Seymour - all good.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hi guys, here's a late conclusion. One of the guitars I play is a LP with 3 Super Distortion PUs. It's tuned down to C and I'm using GHS 11-70 strings. I recorded some guitars by using professional rigs but I remarked too much harshness on the mids, especially by Josh Middletone 2. I wasn't really into it by EQing cause' I want a pure sound in the beginning. What I mean is, later in the mix, you have to use the EQ to adjust the individual instruments.

These suggestions about parameter DEFINITION in conjunction with GAIN, POWER SAGGING and CLARITY works great.

Edited 3 times, last by Fleescha ().