Bluguitar AMP X

• Very excited to see if this can be the best Kemper Stage competitor for me, so far. This might be also interesting especially for those who keep only needing a Kemper Profiler for its core amplike tone. The Amp X claims to be able to replicate the tone and feel of any tube amp in the world - but totally analog. Exciting times, I would say.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Maybe you have a closer look. I own the Amp1 and it kills everything. The Amp X is the biggest next step possible.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Maybe you have a closer look. I own the Amp1 and it kills everything. The Amp X is the biggest next step possible.

Honestly, it would be a waste of time for me. The Kemper satisfies all my tonal requirements, and I have finally gotten to the point with it that I can dial in tones with my eyes closed.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Honestly, it would be a waste of time for me. The Kemper satisfies all my tonal requirements, and I have finally gotten to the point with it that I can dial in tones with my eyes closed.

Namm would die out in your world, right 😂?

Yes, I agree with you. I have been playing Kempers live for 5 years now (80 % of the time). Still, there are a lot of gear nerds in here and especially those who love and look for the "best amp tone", like you. So... interesting things remain interesting in a Corner that's called "Other Gear".

The Amp1 is totally great but not versatile. The X could be both. We will see.

• If it's really programmable analog circuits I think it looks very interesting. I suspect it's still a good while until we see the final product. Even the somewhat official demos don't really have sound demos.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• In the video they are micing it in another room with real cabinet and mics (making a big part of the sound).

I am not familiar with Bluguitar products. But it seems in a recording situation (without a speaker connected) it does only provide preamp with IR, but no power amp simulation? Or am I missing something?

• Looks more like a fancy studio plugin tool than gigable hardware. Not impressed.

The *exact* same thing was likely said about the Kemper in 2011. When it shipped as a head-only and no remote. People crapped all over it then, too.

This is far more gig-worthy out of the box than the KPA was when first released. How do you see a ‘studio-only’ device given its floorboard format?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The *exact* same thing was likely said about the Kemper in 2011. When it shipped as a head-only and no remote. People crapped all over it then, too.

This is far more gig-worthy out of the box than the KPA was when first released. How do you see a ‘studio-only’ device given its floorboard format?

I'll take a second look in 5-10 years if and when it catches up to Kemper, and when someone is able to create more than the 3 tones shown on youtube.

• I'll take a second look in 5-10 years if and when it catches up to Kemper, and when someone is able to create more than the 3 tones shown on youtube.

If you are really interesred in tones there are not only 3 but tons of tone and review videos about the Bluguitar Amp1 (Mercury and Iridium edition) on YouTube. The Amp X is only the mere next level evolution of that thing. I suggest you better watch those videos IF you are really interested, because what you say makes you look rather... well uninformed I should say. And one more thing: I claim that everybody in this forum loves his Kemper very hard , so no need to fear that anybody wants to pull you to any other side (if that should be the case at all :)).

• I'll take a second look in 5-10 years if and when it catches up to Kemper, and when someone is able to create more than the 3 tones shown on youtube.

Something else you’re either ignoring or don’t know.

The amp tech being used has been available (and been developed) since 2014. A year longer than the Helix. So, this isn’t some unproven vaporware being hyped to the moon before release, from a company that’s never done it before. That was the Quad Cortex.

If I sound like a jerk, I don't mean to. But your attitude is a lot like a garden variety gear snob. Where nothing else could possibly be good enough for you, you’ve found nirvana and dismiss whatever doesn’t fit.

A quality, fully programmable, all-in-one, with a 100 watt power amp built in….in a footprint nearly a third smaller than a Stage? For roughly the same money as a Stage!?!? Yes please!!

I absolutely love my KPA - but hope the Amp X is good.

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• My attitude? You are the one trying to convince me to look at something that you yourself know little about. Come back and tell me about it after you've bought one and spent time reviewing it and then I might be more receptive.

If I choose to maintain Nirvana with a Kemper then why should it matter to you, friend? I've wasting more time on this then I intended to, and I am being polite about it.

• There is no doubt this amp x will be great.

'Problem I see..to late..to expensive..

Kids go for plug ins and cheap but great little "floor amps".We,the "elders" of rock guitar already have 1-2-3 modelers plus all the other stuff and "I see tired guitar folks" exhausted with all the gear they gathered during the last years and all the money spent.

But for sure some of us will trade one or two of their modelers/tube amps to get this product too. But it is not for tweakers,it is not for people who dont like floor pedals (like me) nor is it for all the guys which already have everything they need for every possible situation and now have to spend their money left to pay the rent/fuel/electricity and all this stuff right now.

Also if the KPA 2 appears (or at least the rumor of it coming) everything will be put on "hold" because we all hope (I guess) it will be as revolutionary as the current one and will bring also stuff "beyond the usual amp sounds".

• Yes, I agree, there is a reason why small and big companies look at the markets and decide that the world needs more single small pedals of all kinds. And plugins also become cheaper and better. But still, single pedals need more single pedals to accompany them and pedal boards and cables to make them giggable (expensive). So as long as there is a gigging market the best all in one solutions will thrive, I guess. I don't know if it is too late, as you say.. Kemper II is too late for me, that's for sure 😂. Anyway, to "have to" (well, not really, my KStages are already there) decide between very good and very good for the sake of it is great. We will see. From my gigging perspective at this point one of my stages might have to go for the X... but that is what I already said with the QC. And the latter will never happen.

• There is no doubt this amp x will be great.

'Problem I see..to late..to expensive..

The market will obviously dictate, but if the unit is halfway decent - which it will be - it will find an audience for certain.

All-analog amp circuitry will attract some people. The all-in-one (including a 100 watt amp) in a unit significantly smaller than an (unpowered) Stage - for similar money - will get people’s attention. It sure got mine and I love my KPA.

• The fear of the "Non-tube" is gone. It is history. Plug ins,500$/€ modelers and pedal size analogue amps..all sound good enough. Some even great.

In a few years the digital/analogue competition will be forgotten completely because..it does not matter anymore..

It will be all about the question of what will fit to each needs and tastes.

The tweaker will continued to play fractal.

The tube freak will play synergy.

Working musicians will continue to use the KPA.

People who are ok with "sounds good enough" and the need for the helix UI will continue to use this modeler..

Kids at home will use plug ins.

Blues guys their high end combos.

Pedal guys just love their pedal board.

Expensive heads & heavy cabinets ..nice to stare at in our men caves..also Slash will continue to use them together with Yngwie and some other freaks..

And so on..

The amp x no doubt will take its % of the high end floorboard modeler share. But it is expensive. And its concept does not really fit into this decade. I mean one more modeler which is supposed to sounds more real than all the really real stuff;

Are we serious;