Bluguitar AMP X

• Are we serious;

I disagree with the majority of your categorizations. It’s stereotyping by another name.

Every category of overdrive pedal has been done…repeatedly. Yet new ones show up, people buy them and are happy.

So yes, we’re serious.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Amp X isn’t a modeller.

I had the original Amp1 and really liked it, but the gap in the switching was a deal breaker. Thomas Blug fixed it for the Mercury Edition, whilst improving the tone and the reverb. I bought one. It’s great. I also got the Blubox, with Thomas’ IR tech, so I can go from the powered output into the Blubox and direct into my DAW or FOH.

People who only play modellers will get a shock when playing through truly analogue gear; the instantaneous response and attack is visceral. That’s what I love about the Amp1.

It has a nano tube in the poweramp, so no need for poweramp modelling. All it was missing was FX, which is why I have it paired on a board with a Fractal FM3, an HX Stomp or a collection of my ever-expanding pedal collection.

Modellers are convenient and lots of fun, but sometimes I get bored of them without knowing why, and when I come back to playing through a real amp (yes, Amp1 is a real amp) I realise why.

I’m really looking forward to the Amp X and have done ever since it was announced as a proof-of-concept. Good times.

ps I still love my Kemper Stage and Powered Kabinet, so no worries there

• I disagree with the majority of your categorizations. It’s stereotyping by another name.

Every category of overdrive pedal has been done…repeatedly. Yet new ones show up, people buy them and are happy.

So yes, we’re serious.

It is my experience. You can call this "stereotyping" and I can call this disrespectful.

So..

I have great respect for Thomas Blug as a guitar player and ofcourse as developer.

It is just a little bit strange that we had all these myriads of "blind tests" in which we all could not hear (and feel)the difference between the "real thing" and the modeler xyz and every few months we discover the next "realer thing"..

I know that I am not the only one who got tired and bored by all this.

Peace.

• Fair enough.

But I don’t see anyone marketing this a a ‘real-er’ thing. The amp tech isn’t even new (2014)

I see another choice/option/evolution of a pre-existing line of products. BluGuitar wasn’t compelling for me to check out until Amp X became a (near) reality.

• Fair enough.

But I don’t see anyone marketing this a a ‘real-er’ thing. The amp tech isn’t even new (2014)

I see another choice/option/evolution of a pre-existing line of products. BluGuitar wasn’t compelling for me to check out until Amp X became a (near) reality.

All fine. I just gave my opinion on this product and what I believe will be the chances against the competition.

It is expensive,I already said this. For sure it will be worth every single cent of these 2000 €/$ but this market is ... tough;

Again.I wish Bluguitar all the best. Great products.

• Are you sure?

Well maybe an analog modeler :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• What is an analog modeller exactly?

In this example it sounds like you can program how different analog components interact and interconnect to model different circuits. Thomas mentioned it being like a programable soldering iron or something.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I would like to try one in a music shop and go home and keep on playing on my kemper and be satisfied. Oh how hard it is for most people to be satisfied and say I have all I need. I say as Frank Zappa: shut up n' play yer guitar. I rather come up with a song than spending time chasing the next thing. It doesn't make me more happier.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I would like to try one in a music shop and go home and keep on playing on my kemper and be satisfied. Oh how hard it is for most people to be satisfied and say I have all I need. I say as Frank Zappa: shut up n' play yer guitar. I rather come up with a song than spending time chasing the next thing. It doesn't make me more happier.

This is the misconception. I’m not looking for this to ‘beat’ or replace my KPA. That’s a loser’s game.

The form factor of the Amp X is quite appealing, and I’ve always been curious about BluGuitar’s stuff. This unit intrigues me.

One guitar is rarely (if ever) enough. Or amp, or cab or overdrive or……so why would one Profiler/Digital modeler/Analog amp sim unit be any different?

• The Kemper is "all existing amp snapshots in one"... the Amp X is "all real amps in one"... so technically you only need these two... 8o.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• So this is basically a sophisticated solid state preamp with nanotube power section. I like solid state amps, but they all share some characteristics like crumbly fading out tone, when you let it ring...

And it still looks like you only get the nanotube / power amp influence (that ideally somewhat clouds the solid state preamp character) when a speaker is connected! Also the "dynamic" IR don't include power amp simulation in such a recording situation. It's preamp to IR only then. How can this be the future, when it does not even offer the whole signal chain for silent recording? Would be a deal breaker for me.

• One guitar is rarely (if ever) enough. Or amp, or cab or overdrive or……so why would one Profiler/Digital modeler/Analog amp sim unit be any different?

Becuase you can have all the amps in the world many times over compared to a hw amp?

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I bought my Kemper Stage (used) because of what I heard coming out of it, I haven't heard any sounds come from the X-amp that would influence me to try one. Most of what I see on-line is sales hype.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• I owned so many things and one of this guys was a Sansamp PSA. Also analog circuit but with that had less flexibility (not a single parameter could be controlled in real time) … the closest tool to the Amp-X seems the Hughes and Kettner Black Spirit Floor Board with some minor/ major additional features. Not so much of a breakthrough in Amps … but it’s simplicity might attract some of us G.A.S.-Nerds … and as far as I am concerned only the preamp section could be BluePrinted?! Right or wrong? So then again rather PSA1…

• The thing is, the Amp1 just sounds great with minimal tweaking. The AmpX is the same tech, just with a programmable preamp section instead of the standard 4 you get with the Amp1, and with popular stomp box type effects built in. For me, it’s perfect for small or fly gigs (though I can attest to the Amp1 being super loud and sounding huge through a 4x12, too).