Bluguitar AMP X

• Becuase you can have all the amps in the world many times over compared to a hw amp?

Meh. Different tools, different uses.

I find that for me, if I don’t at least look around to see and try what’s out there I’ll stagnate and start thinking “this is as good as it ever gets…”.

Which may currently be true at the time. But I always try stuff to see if I bond with something else.

Besides - sometimes you just want to have something else to mess with.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I bought my Kemper Stage (used) because of what I heard coming out of it, I haven't heard any sounds come from the X-amp that would influence me to try one. Most of what I see on-line is sales hype.

Here is one of the many inspirational videos on youtube if you don't want to try it yourself (which would be best). This is not advertising but only for educational purposes 😉. I can confirm everything in the video from my own experiences with my Amp1. The X will be the same tech. So...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• So this is basically a sophisticated solid state preamp with nanotube power section. I like solid state amps, but they all share some characteristics like crumbly fading out tone, when you let it ring...

The powered toaster is a solid state amp and it does not have the 'crumbly fading out tone, when you let it ring...' issue. This is one reason why I decided to go with the toaster.

• The thing is, the Amp1 just sounds great with minimal tweaking. The AmpX is the same tech, just with a programmable preamp section instead of the standard 4 you get with the Amp1, and with popular stomp box type effects built in. For me, it’s perfect for small or fly gigs (though I can attest to the Amp1 being super loud and sounding huge through a 4x12, too).

That "programmable" always make things sound "different". Until yet.

• So this is basically a sophisticated solid state preamp with nanotube power section. I like solid state amps, but they all share some characteristics like crumbly fading out tone, when you let it ring...

And it still looks like you only get the nanotube / power amp influence (that ideally somewhat clouds the solid state preamp character) when a speaker is connected! Also the "dynamic" IR don't include power amp simulation in such a recording situation. It's preamp to IR only then. How can this be the future, when it does not even offer the whole signal chain for silent recording? Would be a deal breaker for me.

Let's wait and see. I am quite sure this thing will sound great.

It is just that I am already very happy with what I got and I don't need more or something new. I just want to play now after the lockdown. Nothing else.

And I know I am not the only one.

• The powered toaster is a solid state amp and it does not have the 'crumbly fading out tone, when you let it ring...' issue. This is one reason why I decided to go with the toaster.

The task of the Kemper icepower module is to make the already "finished" tone louder - as flat, clean as possible and without any additional distortion. Nothing more. Completely different thing to a solid state preamp that is aimed to give overdriven sound or a power amp that is simulating a real tube power amp or even is using nanotubes like in the BluGuitar stuff to colour the sound.

• I think the Amp X is vaporware at this point. In one recent video T Blug implied between the lines that the software was still to be developed.
    I would be very surprised to see it available in 2022.

• I don't know about the burgers but other than that that he is right..can't get really better.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.