Using Kemper for ‘TRUE CLEAN’ bass sound.

• Hello ! I’m new to using a Kemper for a bass preamp. Does anyone know where can I find TRUE CLEAN profiles (many profiles say “clean” in the name but they still sound distorted . I don’t want a distorted sound at all, I’m looking for clear, huge, fat tone that punches.

Who has the best truly clean bass amp profiles?

• Also try using Parallel Path. This effectively gives you the combination of a totally clean DI Bass sound and a Bass Amp with Mic for warmth. Most of the time playing Live FOH only took a DI from my bass and the amp was just on stage monitoring. In the studio bass is often DI or a combination of DI and Amp on separate tracks.

• Thanks everyone!

Maybe its my inexperience with the unit asking this question but Is the Kemper really just meant for metal players? I am playing funk, Americana, & blues styles mostly these days. I still want it to sound like an amp but it seems like 90% of the bass rigs and profiles have distortion & or overdrive. The music I am working with does not usually have a distorted bass.

• Let me first say that I am a guitar player who picks up a bass occasionally. Maybe my opinion is a bit off due to that. I play mostly clean and low to mid gain sounds on guitar. I am pretty picky on clean sounds. I was doing a little recording earlier this year and I was super amazed at how many bass amp profiles the Kemper has it it. I found a number of them to do what I wanted. I like a clean punchy sounding bass. For my situation I found that turning the cab off gave me exactly what I was looking for. It was a very nice sounding clean bass sound.

• Maybe "Liquid Neve 1073 PRE " is clean enough .... :/

Have not tested it on bass though .......

You find it in Rig Exchange :thumbup:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.