Snapshot /= Rig discrepancy (selecting snapshots doesn't select that rig for midi program settings)

• Hey forum.

I just set up some midi program change settings in my KPA, and I had to fight with the Kemper a bit to get it to do what I wanted. Normally, I'd just deal with it and maybe be a bit pissed, but with the Kemper community, I get the feeling that feedback really can change things.

One last thing: If it's possible to select snapshots with a midi board, you can skip the text and tell me how :D
    To the details: I have my most used sounds stored as snapshots, mostly so that I have a smaller list to scroll through. I always have the exact snapshot stored as a rig somewhere. But still, if I want to store the rig in the midi program settings, some other rig gets stored (I haven't found out the pattern there), even though the "selected rig" line shows the rig I selected via snapshot.
    To circumvent this (and not have to scroll through all rigs to find mine, even the alphabetic sorting didn't work right somehow), I accessed the snapshot, store->replaced the rig (so that it gets selected), navigated left and right once (not sure if this is necessary, not gonna test it without this step today, my Kemper is off) and stored it. Then it worked.
    Am I the only one that has this problem? Maybe my KPA was B-Stock for a reason :D
    Or maybe it's due to my... Feierabendbier

Cheers!

• Go to your snapshots, assign the midi PC, press store, select "save as" and save it with another name (is enough that you put a - or your initials in front).
    Alternatively wait a bit (not much, a week or so...).... :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I'm not sure if this is related to my "select a snapshot-> rig that the snapshot belongs to doesn't get selected"-problem.
    But I had encountered what I suspect to be a bug (or a feature of questionable usefulness). I tried to save 3 rigs that I have also stored as snapshots in some midi slots.
    The rigs didn't even show up in the rig-list (yes I didn't filter any), so I had to save (Rename -> Store button without changing name) them again to have them selected.
    I put my rig "EVH5150" in slot 10, then "Crunch 2" in slot 7, then "Clean 2" in slot 6. When I scrolled up to slot 10 to see if everything was right, "Clean 2" was in slot 6, 7 and 10!
    I encountered that problem a few times before, but couldn't really remember what exact steps I took...

Not sure if this warrants an extra thread, if so then I'm sorry

Edit: I think this warrants an extra thread... The problem with my rig-midi slot settings getting overwritten seems to be related with my rigs that I saved as snapshots not displaying in the rig list. If I save the rig that I just selected from the snapshot list, it gets displayed in the rig list. If I do the same with another rig, the first one seems to get removed. While trying to confirm this hypothesis just now, my KPA overwrote another midi slot that I saved a few minutes ago and that I didn't select in the midi program settings before (I'm pretty sure of that, at least)
    I don't really get it, but I hope this report helps. Sorry that I'm posting this in the feature request forum, I'll copypaste this in the troubleshooting forum as well. It seemed related to the original problem :S

Edited once, last by ara_ ().

• I understand, what you are really looking for is an efective way to reduce the list of rigs to scroll through. With firmware 1.1.1 Public Beta we have introduced new filters like for example My Rigs or Last Imported. The new filter Favourites is exactly for the purpose to create a reduced list of preferred rigs. Please apply this new feature. These are normal rigs with the usual Midi Program Change # assignment handling. Snapshots - as the name indicates - have been designed for a different purpose.