Pedal Steel Effect by Morphing Harmonies?

• So I love pedal steel and I just saw an awesome demo of a TC Electronics Quintessence (here’s the demo) that stacks a 3rd and 5th on top of a single note and when you press the foot switch it raises the 3rd and 5th up a scale degree to a 4th and a 6th. It really does sound like a pedal steel and now that I have the Kemper I figured I could use the morph along with the Harmony effect to achieve this sound. And its super super close, but its not there yet so that brings me here.

The thing that makes the tc pedal sound so good is that the notes glide or bend up and down. I thought that connecting an expression pedal may magically solve the problem but I realized that morphing between the two is only a binary action. So I was wondering if anybody has a way to make the notes glide?

I know there are other workarounds like using the pedal pitch effect, getting better at guitar, or i can stop listening to country but again my end goal is for my heel position to be a 1 3 5 triad that raises to a 1 4 6 triad with glide using an expression pedal just like the TC Electronics Quintessence.

• Pedal Pitch works really well.

On the Rig Exchange:

Pedal Steel 5to6 pau

PedalSteel low 5th t

Pedal Steel 2Way pau

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I agree. I’m just hoping maybe they can add a glide feature or pitch bend automation based off of an expression pedal. If you its possible to make notes glide on a synth I imagine they could replicate that same thing on the Kemper.

• I started messing around with pedal pitch and I definitely like it for playing solo-y stuff.

I agree though. If we could get a feature that in realtime adjusted pitch bend between intervals based on the position of expression pedal that would be awesome but even putting in a quick fix like automated pitch bend when morphing would do the trick for now since that’s what it seems like that TC Electronics pedal is doing.