• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I need a bit more space and less clonkiness.
    I'm not great at reverb so there isn't much on it.
    Any advice?

• I like your stuff! Great vocals and the mix has a lot of transparency, very cool! I wouldn't add too much reverb actually as there is already a lot of space. Vocals could be a bit thicker (maybe some doubling very light in the background) and those sampling noises a bit back. Overall very well done :thumbup:8)

• great compo indeed ,great horns :)

Vocal Reverb is a subtle subject, and mostly a matter of taste , My own searches on vox led me to plate verbs mostly, and I use an old eventide plugin with a long dark plate.

You'll also get great results with the KPA verbs and delays, I use this signal chain : SM7B , ART vocal preamp, KPA, spdif, SC, DAW , post fx. Be sure to use a 'flat' profile by deactivating amp& cab.

My fav verb on the kpa is actually a delay ( quad to verb) , you can also try to stack with a verb ( long hall in my case )

• Awesome! The only thing I know about Reverb is you can quickly add too much. So add too much first and then back it down, but not down to it disappearing. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Sounds great. With regards reverb it’s very much per track, I tend to overuse verb but you really only want it on certain points where you want to give the feeling of space, such as on the repeated “make this happen” when the backing has dropped out a little. Otherwise for your master to create a transparent verb you can try a general smooth reverb but turn it on to fully wet and adjust the eq to rid yourself of wolf notes, then mix back in as much or little as you want.

• Thanks chaps.

Maybe I mean Depth not Space, it sounds a bit 2 dimensional?

Deadman, yes the vocal needs some thickening I agree.

Which samples are loud? There is some e-bow stuff quite high pitched and a bit spicatto which I should probably bung reverb on

to make less up front.

Per, I like your reverbs.