Quad Cortex latency test

• I just got a Quad Cortex and I could feel a little latency (more than on the Kemper) so I did some tests and here are the results. TL:DR - if you put a few captures in one preset it gets to be too much.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 13ms latency is definitely something many people would feel. "Unexpected" result in row 6 might be due to the fact that captures in this preset seem to be place on parallel paths, so load is probably spread between multiple cores.

Not sure how many people are running multiple captures in series in real live (maybe if you captured drive pedal separately and amp separately - but even then the solution is simple: capture both of them at the same time). So from nerdy point of view I find this video interesting, but in real life most of folks will experience sub-6ms of delay which is perfectly fine.

• 13ms latency is definitely something many people would feel. "Unexpected" result in row 6 might be due to the fact that captures in this preset seem to be place on parallel paths, so load is probably spread between multiple cores.

Not sure how many people are running multiple captures in series in real live (maybe if you captured drive pedal separately and amp separately - but even then the solution is simple: capture both of them at the same time). So from nerdy point of view I find this video interesting, but in real life most of folks will experience sub-6ms of delay which is perfectly fine.

Very good points!

• Saw this from you in the Discord Neural DSP Channel! That's the worst Discord Group - no critical opinions allowed :D

Is that roundtrip or Output?

Im at 5.7ms Output! I mean have you tried to use the QC as your Interface or do you have an external Interface also connected for your Monitors?