Are ​Stage monitor outputs and Kab inputs balanced?

• Are Stage monitor outputs and Kab inputs balanced?

Playing a larger stage tonight and my usual 20’ unbalanced guitar cable will be too short.

Wondering if I can put 1/4” balanced adapters on a 50’ xlr cable?

Thanks…

• No - the input is not balanced. You would be better off modifying one the 1/4" adapters so the ring is connected to the shield, or modifying one end of the XLR cable to do the same thing when it is connected to the adapters.

Gotcha… that’s unfortunate., and this having just occurred to me it’s too late to get into cable/adapter mods. I’ll probably just make a longer guitar cable, but then wonder if it would be a tone suck.

Are DI boxes bi-directional such that one could be put on both sides of an XLR cable?… anybody know about that?

Edited once, last by dradlin ().

• Maybe have a pedal with a buffer closer to you and run the longer cable after that? I think that would help here.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Maybe have a pedal with a buffer closer to you and run the longer cable after that? I think that would help here.

That’s got me thinking… with the monitor output on the stage not being balanced, is it “buffered” so to facilitate a longer cable run?

Edit: Actually, I’m thinking that the idea of a buffer as used ahead of a guitar amp is an entirely different electronics issue than what exists between the Stage output and Kab input.

Edited once, last by dradlin ().

• That’s got me thinking… with the monitor output on the stage not being balanced, is it “buffered” so to facilitate a longer cable run?

Edit: Actually, I’m thinking that the idea of a buffer as used ahead of a guitar amp is an entirely different electronics issue than what exists between the Stage output and Kab input.

Ah sorry. I missed the stage part. My suggestion was only valid if you could place the Kemper further back and run a guitar cable after a buffer to it. My bad.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• You might definitely be able to run a longer unbalanced (guitar cable as you wrote. That fooled me) cable without tone degradation.