Return Input 1 on Stage as Main Input Source

• Hi everyone,

I do have a question regarding the input source of my Kemper Stage. The guitar signal is coming from a Sennheiser Wireless which is sitting in a rack something like 5-10m from the Kemper unit. As there is at least a 10m connection I would like to use the balanced XLR-output of the Sennheiser Wireless to connect to the Kemper Stage (Return Input 1 with a TRS-Jack). This works pretty well as you can set the input of the Kemper to "Return Input 1". However, every time the unit restarts the input source is reset to the normal jack input, which means every I boot the unit you need to make the adjustment again. Locking does not help.

Is there a way to make the Return Input the default input source? I mean you could just readjust every time, but having it fixed would be great for the sake of convenience.

In addition, I figured that if i connect the xlr to trs-cable to the usual guitar input on the kemper it also seems to work quite fine. Is there any chance of damage?

Thanks for any answers.

• I get this, BUT for this case I do not want to use it for the reasons described above.

I believe the main input is unbalanced though so even using an XLR to TRS cable will still result in an unbalanced signal.

This is why I would like to use the return input as the main input - because the return input is balanced according to the manual.

I just find it weird that the input source keeps resetting on the STAGE. Just tried it on my Rack Kemper. There the input source remains the same if you set it to something other than Front Input.