• This one was fun and a challenge, and took me longer than expected. It took me a while just to find the right guitar tone I had in my head and translate that into the Kemper. The bass track was a challenge too, to where I was moving the volume up and down by 0.2db to make it fit. I also did the trick Per mentioned about duplicating the bass track into a separate low end and high end track so I could balance the thump against the pick attack better. The drums took me a helluva long time. There was only one 2/4 bar where I used an SD3 preset and I still had to finagle the notes one by one. I hope I can get the next ones out faster. This was exhausting!

6505 H M2 profile on left track.

TH-Diesel VH Four profile on right track.

Wave Bass 72 +Punch profile on bass track.

SD3 on drums.

3.75 years on guitar today, and I think this one is pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Critique away.

Happy 4th and Happy Weekend everyone!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Great strides forward with the mix there! Even on my crapmac(tm) speakers I can hear the bass clearly. The drums are up front and the wolf notes on the guitars are much tamed. Excellent progress and job!

• Some nice progress here ! I wonder if your delay is in sync with the beat or drums ?

The small latency between your attack and drums make it feel like your play if after the beat ,which is often the opposite of what you want , I'd try to nudge the guitar parts a few ms on the left , before the drum beat.

Your groove is improving , I's also suggest some PM &tight riff practice , everyday with a strong groovy beat. Running with the devil for instance, remember that the drum is the master here ; once you master it and play forward the drum, go for some tighter stuff like hot for teacher. I can assure you'll be groovin the hell out of your charvel once you master these.

• Thanks guys!

Per I'll keep working on that trick with the duplicated bass tracks for the low and high end. I think it's working for me.

waraba I never thought to use the nudging technique. I've only used it when I first got the DAW to make fake doubling tracks. That's a good tip. I was using the Kemper dual delay with 3/16 and 5/16, I think. It's probably time I learned to use the tap tempo thingy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.