WiFi problem - My new Kemper Stage

• I have just opened my new Stage today, backed it up to USB, and now I'm trying to connect to WiFi on my iPad Pro.

I have opened the Settings, Enabled WiFi on page 9/12, set the mode to Access Point.

I have the QR code on the screen of the Stage, I have opened the camera app on my iPad, with the image on the iPad screen the text 'Join MyProfiler Network', them immediately got a message on the iPad - 'Unable to join the network "MyProfiler".

So I've opened the Settings / Wi-Fi on my iPad,, tapped the MyProfiler network which is showing in the list, which then gives me an 'Incorrect password for "MyProfiler"

The iPad then asks me to enter a password for the "MyProfiler" network, into which I type the data showing on the Pass field of the Stage screen. This is then rejected with an 'Incorrect password for "MyProfiler".

The Stage is reporting 8.7.4.37507

The iPadOS is 15.5

I have also tried this on my iPhone with the same result. IOS 15.5
    I have also turned off my home WiFi

Can anyone offer any assistance please? I don't want to have to return it.

Thank you
    David

• Make sure that your iPhone and iPad are not trying to connect to the Stage via the cellular network. Go to Settings->Cellular on your phone and iPad and disable cellular data for the Rig Manager app. I had a problem that was similar to your (though I never got the incorrect password message) and turning off cellular data fixed it for me.

Brian

• Thank you al for your replies.

ba_hill I have tried removing Cellular on my iPhone, The iPads I have are all WiFi only.

burkard I have changed the device name. The SSID and password shown on the display are still the same. I'm still getting an 'Incorrect password' error.

My latest tests

• I have run a WiFi analyser. I can see the 'MyProfiler' network on Channel 1 - 2412 MHz WPA2.
    • There is no other device on this channel. I have shut down everything in my home.
    • To test the WiFi module in the stage, I have successfully connected to my home router using WPS.
    • This means that the Stage's WiFi is working.
    • I have taken the stage to another location (to rule out a network issue at home), and tried to connect another iPad and Android device at that location.
    • I have scanned the QR code on the WiFi display, checked the SSID and password match the screen display.
    • I have copied and pasted the password decoded from the QR code into the network password.
    • I have tried to connect to the network on my MacBook Pro, and my wife's Windows 11 machine.

In every test, I'm just getting an 'Incorrect password'.

I will as timo suggested, make a backup and send to Support.

Thank you all again, I'm really disappointed with my new Stage, I thought that it would replace my Strymon Iridium and pedalboard, but at the moment I'm not sure.

David

• Update - I think I've connected!

Having thought again about the response from burkard , I tried something else

• I changed the Device name as burkard suggested in System Settings.
    • Shut down and rebooted.
    • In the WiFi setup page, the SSID showed the changed (new) device name. (Without a reboot, the SSID didn't change).
    • Scanned the QR code.
    • Network joined OK.
    • Rig Manager connected OK

All sorted now. Thank you all.
    David