Basic live setup for heavy metal band - power amp and cab as monitor and then FOH - which profile type?

• Hi,

I am receiving my Kemper Stage soon for live use in our Metal band - Beyond excited!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Is this a viable setup - MERGED PROFILE with CAB OFF into POWER AMP/ 212 ORANGE V30 CAB as my sound behind me section

MERGED PROFILE with CAB ON as my FOH feed and FORWARD FACING MONITOR

OR should I use DIRECT PROFILE into CAB and then choose a CAB sim into FOH. I want the best sound possible - I will be using EVH 5150 PROFILES

I don't want to use IEM - My cab is there in case of any kemper issues, I just throw a preamp pedal into the power amp and mic the cab as my immediate backup.

Thank you in advance

Edited 4 times, last by metalwolf ().

• Just to add, one thing that you learn with the KPA is that the on stage monitor sound will always sound different to FOH.

Whilst that sounds obvious, as regular amp users we never thought much about this because going direct wasn't an option.

Why am I pointing this out? Because for the best sound possible, I would focus on your FOH sound first ( which in my view is the most important because its what the audience hears) and then tweak monitor to taste.