Kemper Powered Kabinet

• Hi All,

I've recently been messing with my new powered Kabinet and plan on using it with my Stage for monitoring. I always pipe a mono feed from the main out L into our PA when we play live.

One thing that has me confused is that when watching some vids when it was released they seem to imply that the imprint is applied to the monitor out only? Messing last night I see that the imprint selected on the monitor out seems to be overriding the profiled cabinet if I look at the rig parameters in Rig Manager. Am I understanding this correctly? I appreciate that I can override this global imprint selection in the rig but only to apply another imprint rather than use the cab that the profile was created using? So basically it's all or nothing with imprints..

Hope this makes sense.

Si

• I have the powered rack so I'm not 100% sure but my understanding is monitor out has the imprint and main out does not...which is correct as you do not want the PA to have the imprint - you need to be sending the imprint to the Kabinet.

• Yes, when you are using imprints ("monitor cab off" enabled) you are not using the cab part included in the profile.
    If that were the case, you would have double filtering and it would sound probably muffled.

If you want to use the included cab in the profile, you have to use the Kabinet in FRFR mode, disabling "monitor cab off".
    That's the same thing if you are using a true guitar cab with your profiler.

• Yes, when you are using imprints ("monitor cab off" enabled) you are not using the cab part included in the profile.
    If that were the case, you would have double filtering and it would sound probably muffled.

If you want to use the included cab in the profile, you have to use the Kabinet in FRFR mode, disabling "monitor cab off".
    That's the same thing if you are using a true guitar cab with your profiler.

Perfect - appreciate the clarification.

• I have the powered rack so I'm not 100% sure but my understanding is monitor out has the imprint and main out does not...which is correct as you do not want the PA to have the imprint - you need to be sending the imprint to the Kabinet.

I don't think this is the case based on my research. May be wrong. This is how I thought it worked (based on early YT vids). If you turn monitor cab off in order to use an imprint and then take a look at the cab in Rig Manager you will see that the cab is now set as the imprint which goes out via both the monitor out and the main outs.

• I don't think this is the case based on my research. May be wrong. This is how I thought it worked (based on early YT vids). If you turn monitor cab off in order to use an imprint and then take a look at the cab in Rig Manager you will see that the cab is now set as the imprint which goes out via both the monitor out and the main outs.

That is incorrect. With Monitor cab off and Kone on, you get Amp + Imprint through monitor out and through main out you get Amp + Cab.

The imprints are useless without a Kabinet so it makes no sense to send them to anything but the Kone via monitor out.

• That is incorrect. With Monitor cab off and Kone on, you get Amp + Imprint through monitor out and through main out you get Amp + Cab.

The imprints are useless without a Kabinet so it makes no sense to send them to anything but the Kone via monitor out.

But the cab in rig manager shows the imprint... and you can select a different imprint but not the cab that was profiled..

• That is a different matter. In a rig, you can decide which imprint to use under the CAB section. When using that rig, you will get the cab sent through the main outs, and the imprint sent through the monitor outs.

If you'd like to get the original profiled cab, you put the Kone in FRFR mode. You will then get AMP + Cab sent through the main out, and AMP + special FRFR signal sent through the monitor out.

So on a per rig basis, you can decide whether to keep the global Kone choice (imprints or FRFR) or to override (imprints or FRFR). This will only affect monitor out. You main out will still get amp + cab.

• That is a different matter. In a rig, you can decide which imprint to use under the CAB section. When using that rig, you will get the cab sent through the main outs, and the imprint sent through the monitor outs.

If you'd like to get the original profiled cab, you put the Kone in FRFR mode. You will then get AMP + Cab sent through the main out, and AMP + special FRFR signal sent through the monitor out.

So on a per rig basis, you can decide whether to keep the global Kone choice (imprints or FRFR) or to override (imprints or FRFR). This will only affect monitor out. You main out will still get amp + cab.

brill - many thanks for the clarification.